|National Points of Contact|
Juan Carlos Mariscal Gómez
Oct 2017 - Oct 2019
Apr 2016 - Apr 2018
|عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.||عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.|
Welcome to Mexico SGAC page! We want you to be part of Mexico’s journey in the space industry! The purpose of this page is to link the new generations of Mexican space sector leaders. We firmly believe that putting together the future players of the Mexican space sector will result in a more prosperous tomorrow for the country, the entire region and the world itself. If you like space, feel free to join us! It doesn’t matter if you are a professional in the space industry, arts, science or any other subject as music. Or you just feel the enthusiastic spirit of the vast and marvelous Universe, this is a free group and we will be happy to hear your ideas and count with your help! There is a lot to do for Mexico. This worldwide community is ours, be part of it! We want to see in the future a New Mexican space generation of young space professionals, full of energy and bright ideas! The next greatest challenge for the human race is in the space exploration, and you can start right here!
With the election of the two national points of contact points in 2016 the international approach of SGAC Mexico was consolidated. They primarily have two duties - One is to approach the Mexican youth within the country and the other to approach the youth abroad and liaise with the scientists and technologists of Mexican and Latinoamerican origin that are living abroad. This international approach has been done already by past NPoCs but it is now officially part of our working plan. Thanks to this strategy several ties have been created which strengthen international collaboration between research institutions, universities, companies and space agencies.
Young Space Activities in Mexico
|Orion - Kukulcan Temple|
Country-specific events in 2017
ISU - A Group of Mexican talents take part of the courses and research focused program at the Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program in Australia
MDRS280 - Mexican collaboration for the first latinoamerican mission in the Mars Analog Mission from NASA at Arizona.
PMAS 2017 - A Group of Mexican researchers developing a rover for the MArs Analog Misison to take place in Poland.
Yuri's Night - Several activities to happen in collaboration with AEM everywhere in MExico
World Space Week - Several activities to happen in collaboration with AEM everywhere in MExico
- INAOE Seminars: You can attend some of the scientific conferences that INAOE is offering during the entire year.
- Aero Expo : Aero Expo: Event focused in Aeronautics and the capacitation of personal in aeronautics. Frequency: Yearly
- FEMIA: Feria Aeroespacial México, Congress planned to boost the development of the space sector in Mexico. Frequency: Yearly
- Space Boot Camp: Three days Space Camp organized by the Mexican Space Agency in different parts of the country.
- AEM Specific Contests: List of events and contests organized by the Mexican Space Agency
Mexican Talent in Space
|Astronaut Dr. Rodolfo Neri Vela||Astronaut Dr. Jose Hernandez|
|Women in Aerospace|
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Mexico
Groups, People, Institutions
- Agencia Espacial Mexicana: The official website of the Mexican Space Agency
- SOMECYTA Sociedad Mexicana de Ciencia y Tecnología Aeroespacial: Created in 2011, SOMECYTA is a group of professional people who wants to share science, engineering and aerospace technology in Mexico through symposiums and congresses.
- Regional Teaching Center of Space Sciences for the Caribbean and Latin America: The center created by the United Nations Organization; teaches courses on: Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems, Satellite Communications, Weather Monitoring, Space and Atmospheric Sciences
- National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics: The INAOE is a Public Investigation Center with high leadership (international level) in the field of scientific research
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Center: According to the Mexican Academy of Sciences this is the center in the country with the most impact in the international scale
- Instituto de Astronomía: The astronomy institute of the National University in Mexico - UNAM
- TELECOMM: A decentralized government agency that forms part of the Public Communications and Transportation sector
- Mexican Federation of the Aerospace Industry: A non-profit organization that represents the aerospace companies in Mexico
- Certification program of Space processes to foster the Integration of the Small-Medium companies in the aerospace sector: A program from the United Nations to foster the aerospace industry in developing nations
- Transportation and Communications Secretariat: Aeronautics The federal institutions that manages the aeronautic sector in Mexico
- Tecnologia Aeroespacial Mexicana: A company that is a developer and provider of hydrogen peroxide rockets and related technologies
- The Large Millimeter Telescope The LMT is a research facility, which symbolizes the intent of both Mexico and the United States to explore at the frontiers of human knowledge
- Astronomy Groups in Mexico Directory A non-official list of astronomy groups spread in the country
- Extra-official list of Mexican Astronomers A non-official list of Mexican astronomers
- Mexican Aerospace Industry - PROMEXICO
- Baja’s Aerospace Supplier Forum
Mexican Satellite Ulises I Ulises I is a an art, science and technology project, developed by Colectivo Espacial Mexicano, which is based in the creation and launch of an artificial nano-satellite.
Education Institutions Offering Space Programs in Mexico
Queretaro Aeronautics University Brand new University that main focus is to form Mexican aerospace professionals with World-class capabilities to foster the national aerospace industry
National Polytechnic Institute - Aeronautics Engineering Its objective is to form engineers with the fundamental knowledge in the diverse disciplines of aeronautics
Universidad de Nuevo León Aeronautics Engineering located in Northern Mexico
Educacion Espacial - Website dedícated to Space Programs supported by the AEM.
Espacio de los Niños - Mexican Space Agency Website dedicated to educational activities for kids.
Hacia el Espacio/ AEM’s space science and technology digital magazine
- Universum Museum
- Laberinto Museum
- Centro de Ciencias de Sinaloa
- El Trompo Museo Interactivo
- Museo Sol del Niño
- Caracol Museo de Ciencias y Acuario
- Agencia Espacial Mexicana
- Agencia Espacial Mexicana (Foros)
- Jóvenes por el Espacio Grupo México
- Quiero Estudiar Ing. Aeroespacial (MEX)
- Mexico al Espacio