|National Point of Contact|
Nov 2013 - Nov 2017
Welcome to SGAC Zimbabwe! SGAC Zimbabwe seeks to promote space science and its impact in the country. Our objective is to empower the young with space ideas and to create an informative and active space network to serve as a forum to share ideas.
Over the past years, Zimbabwe has not been involved in any major space activities, but great improvements have been made in the telecommunication sector. A lot still needs to be done and it is high time the country formulates space policies and embrace space technologies for instance in disaster management, agriculture and climate analysis for sustainable development of the country.
Last year our NPoCs attended major international major space conferences, which was a positive step for building experience and passion for space.
For any requests please do not hesitate to contact the NPoCs.
NPoC of Zimbabwe, Constant Chuma,
in Beijing, China at IAC and SGAC 2013
- Continue to increase SGAC activity in Zimbabwe.
- Increase awareness of the SGAC and its goals across the country.
- Increase participation and attendance of SGAC members at national and international space conferences.
- To open space-related clubs and incorporate space knowledge in science clubs which already exists in schools from primary to university level. Currently no Zimbabwean university or institute offers space related courses at all levels.
- To partner and engage with the Ministry of Science and Technology and other organisations, so as to get support and resources.
- Encourage space outreach and foster space education.
|Space junk that fell in Mhondoro,
Zimbabwe on 16 July 2013
World Space Week, October 4-10, The General Assembly declares 4 to 10 October World Space Week to celebrate each year at the international level the contributions of space science and technology to the betterment of the human condition.
Mazowe Satellite Station, Mazowe, Zimbabwe
previous NPoC for Zimbabwe, Conrade Muyambo
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Zimbabwe
- Chinhoyi University of Technology
- National University of Science and Technology
- University of Zimbabwe
- Harare Institute of Technology
- Zimbabwe Air Force
- Air Zimbabwe
Interesting web Links