SGAC will be holding its third Moon Village focused event in Bremen, Germany the day before the start of the Space Tech Expo Europe. The aim of the event is to bring together professionals interested in the Moon Village initiative to share ideas and perspective, while also using the opportunity to visit someone the companies and organizations at the leading edge of the Moon Village.
The event will include two keynote speeches, followed by presentations from the past Moon Village workshops in Paris, Turin and Munich. A jam session will be held with the group to brainstorm on the future topics that need discussion, and the vision for the next 10 years.
A series of 5-10 minute lightning talks will be held by participants to enable them to share recent projects they are working on as part of their studies or professional activities.
This is followed by a series of round robin sessions, aiming to answer some of the following questions:
- How should the Moon Village be communicated to the public?
- What are the main scientific opportunities that the Moon offers? How can we best explore them?
- What are the main technical challenges that the Moon Village faces? Which technologies or mission concepts can be used to handle them?
- How can the Moon Village act as a proving ground for future space exploration?
- What are the commercial opportunities and suitable business models for the Moon Village?
A tentative schedule for the day is provided below. Note that this schedule is subject to change.
The informal dinner will be held at:
Ständige Vertretung im Flett
|9.45||10.15||Role of Analogue Simulations in Moving Towards the Moon Village||Joao Lousada
|10.30||11.30||Reports from the past Moon Village Events
||Joao Lousada (Turin)
Adrien Doucet (Munich)
|14.00||14.20||ESA Education Activities||Lukas Pfeiffer|
|14.20||14.30||Introduction to Round Robin Sessions||Harsha Chandran|
|14.30||17.00||Round Robin Sessions||-|
|17.00||18.00||Round Robin Recap||-|
If you are interested in participating, please fill in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/PSda3IHXiFIxwnUn2.
- Registration closes on Thursday, 19 October 2017.
- Space will be limited to 40 participants.
- A 10 euro registration fee will be charged to participants.
- Participants need to be under the age of 35 at the time of the event.
The event will be held at the Airbus facilities in Bremen. Participants should meet at the Reception building (building 68) for security processing and will be guided to the meeting room from there.
Airbus Defence & Space Spacelab
Within Airbus facilities in Bremen