|Regional Coordinator||National Points of Contact|
Feb 2011 - Mar 2017
Aug 2015 - Aug 2017
Welcome to the SGAC Russia page!
Russia has a great history of space exploration, having launched the first satellite and the first man in space. Its contribution to the space sector development is enormous and still continues to grow. Despite having gone through many changes and obstacles in recent decades, Russia still occupies a leading position in the space sector. Space achievements give inspiration and hope for people all over the country. SGAC Russia is here to make it easier for the Russian university students and young professionals to build a stronger network, enhance their voice in space policy, and develop their leadership skills!
At the moment Russia is represented by one National Point of Contact (NPoC) - Anastasia Ilina. 2017 year is full of space activities and the interest of youth to space industry is rapidly growing. It is also important to mention the fact, that Russian Space Agency and Ministry of Youth Policy continues some space outreach projects and organizes programs for young people.
Young Space Activities Overview in Russia
Space Academy for children
Past year for Russian Space was exciting and full of interesting activities.
Lots of scientific events such as conferences, forums and space meetings were organized in Russia this year. Young professionals and students were involved in many projects at schools and universities. They had exciting opportunities to challenge themselves by participating in different space related contests.
As usual lots of satellites conferences and schools programs were conducted during the year. A project called “Space lessons” – a special course of lectures giving from ISS for children – was launched.
And we hope next year will hold this high level of interest to space science!
Aside from these academic and professional activities, there are various astronomical clubs spread all over the country where young enthusiasts can share their passion and interests. SGAC hopes to link you to them and them to you!
We are always ready to help you with your international experience!
For more information make sure to check out our interesting link section below, and the national report of Russia in SGAC's annual report 2016!
Country-Specific Events in 2017
April 12 : Challenge game “Space race. Part 3. Aviation” prepared for Yuri’s night and the Cosmonautics Day (12 April). A group of enthusiasts traditionally organaises this event waiting for about 500 people.
- Different activities, lecturers and events. We write about them here, our SpaceRace community.
- April 22 : SpaceUp Skoltech - The first SpaceUp in Russia organized by Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
- June 19 - July 1: Samara International Summer Space School - Future Space Technologies and Experiments in Space
Space Summer School. It will be one of the brightest space events of Summer-2017.
Moscow space museum. There are excursions for people, different programs for youth and space squad, where children can get different knowledge about space.
July Sirius Project: Program for children – challenge with a chance to become a part of great summer event – Sirius project school (Sochi)
A lot of exhibitions in Moscow are open during 2017 to fulfill people with space knowledge.
Moscow Planeterium introduces a lot of new space and astronomy projects
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Russia
Space Race 2017
- The Youth Space Center
- Moscow Astronomy Club
- Tomsk Astronomy Club
- Kazansk astronomy Club
- Astronomy Forum
- Free Space Simulator (made in St-Petersburg)
- Club of Space Amateurs “Space Crew”, Moscow
- Club of Young Cosmonauts in the name of Gherman Titov, St-Petersburg
- Evening Astronomy School, Moscow
- Your Sector of Space
Russian space blogs
- Russian space agency Roscosmos
- Mission Control Centre
- Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Centre
- Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation
- Samara Space Research Centre «Progress»
- Khrunichev Space Center
- Lin Industrial
- NPO Lavochkin
- Central Research Institute of Machine Building
- Space Research Institute
- Volga region space center (Russian Academy of science)
- Research Center for Earth Operative Monitoring (NTs OMZ)
- News about space (“Kosmolenta”)
- Space News Magazine (“Novosti kosmonavtiki”)
- Moscow Planetariums: and http://www.planetarium-cc.ru/index.html
- Irkutsk Planetarium
- Moscow Museum of space
- Mars-500 Project
- Radio Betelgeuse (space music)