SGAC's SpaceGen Entrepreneurs
Wednesday, 27th September
16:00h to 18:00h
Hall C of the Adelaide Convention Centre
About the Event
The SpaceGen Entrepreneurs is an event organised by the Space Generation Advisory Council designed to connect entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs with startup veterans and Venture Capitalists, Investors, Business Angels and Business Incubators. SGAC’s SpaceGen Entrepreneurs will be held at Hall C of the Adelaide Convention Centre on Wednesday, 27 September at 16:00h, followed by a networking cocktail at 17:00h at Foyer E. This event is set to attract proactive and high-calibre entrepreneurs that are passionate about commercialising different aspects of the space industry and are looking to meet with mentors/VCs/Investors. The SpaceGen Entrepreneurs format is the following:
- Startup ecosystem panel (30 min): the panel will feature several prominent space entrepreneurs, investors and experts from the space startup world sharing their experiences and tips for success.
- Entrepreneurs' TED-style talk (30 min): Three inspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world will share the personal stories behind their ventures. Learn about the challenges they overcame, their experiences in the start-up world, and how they found their path to success.
- Networking cocktail (1h): after the event there will be a networking cocktail for entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs to meet with investors, VC’s, business incubators and members of the space startup landscape.
The startup ecosystem panel and the entrepreneurs' talks will be held at Hall C in the Adelaide Convention Centre from 16:00h to 17:00h on Wednesday 27th September. After this, there will be a networking cocktail for selected entrepreneurs, investors, business angels, and members of the space startup community outside of Hall C at Foyer E, as depicted below.
Applications for entrepreneurs to win a speaking slot
- Are you an entrepreneur and you would like to share your story?
- What kind of life lessons would you transmit to potential entrepreneurs pondering whether to make that step forward?
- What were the challenges you encountered and how did you overcome them?
- Ultimately, what is the source of your passion and why do you dedicate all your efforts to a space startup?
From SGAC, we are providing an opportunity to 3 space entrepreneurs to show their passion, talent and vision. The talk is meant to explore the human side of an entrepreneur from the early stages of dreaming an idea to its transformation into a real, tangible venture.
Characteristics of the entrepreneur's talk
- Time: 10 minutes
- Topic: personal story behind your space startup. NO Business pitches.
- Format: inspired on the TED talks format (Examples)
- Potential audience:
- The Hall C at the Adelaide Convention Centre has a capacity for 1000 attendees
- SpaceGen entrepreneurs is part of the IAF Global Networking Forum programme (GNF programme)
- Your talk will be recorded and posted on the International Astronautical Federation Youtube channel
- IAC 2017 attendees, SGAC members, entrepreneurs, investors, etc. will watch you on stage
- The 3 space entrepreneurs giving a talk will be invited to the networking cocktail after 17:00 h at Foyer E.
This is your chance to showcase your story to the international space community!
How to apply for an entrepreneur's speaking slot
- The letter of intent should explain the personal story behind your space startup, outlining the content of your entrepreneur's talk at SpaceGen Entrepreneurs. The letter of intent should cover the human side of an entrepreneur within the different phases of the venture. The letter of intent and the talk are not a business pitch.
- Although not mandatory, we encourage you to attach in the application supporting materials such as startup portfolios, website, promotion presentations, etc.
- 2) SGAC will then contact you with the selection results and further information in case you win a speaking slot.
The deadline of applications is 10 September 2017 at 23:59h CEST.
How to register for the networking cocktail
After the conclusion of the startup ecosystem panel and the entrepreneurs talks at SpaceGen Entrepreneurs, there will be a networking cocktail to connect space companies, startups, entrepreneurs, potential entrepreneurs, investors, business incubators and startup experts. The SpaceGen Entrepreneurs networking cocktail will be held at Foyer E (see map above) of the Adelaide Convention Centre on Wednesday 27 September from 17:00 h to 18:00 h.
The spots to the networking cocktail are strictly limited and will be assigned on a first come first served basis. The attendance to this event is free of charge, as the SpaceGen Entrepreneurs is kindly supported by SGAC and its partners. There will be 40 spots for students, young professionals and SGC 2017 delegates. To register for the SpaceGen Entrepreneurs networking cocktail please fill out the following registration form:
SGAC partnership with Delta-V and Airbus NewSpace Innovation
Challenge at IAC 2017
The space startup community is joining forces at the International Astronautical Congress 2017 in Adelaide. In addition to the SpaceGen Entrepreneurs, SGAC is partnering with the Newspace Innovation Challenge event organised by the Delta-V Alliance, Airbus, CNES, Government of South Australia and X-lab, inter-alia. This collaboration allows SGAC, Delta-V, Airbus and its partners to reach out to wider audiences and forge deeper connections between Australian startups and the international space community.
The New Space & Innovation Session gives you a unique opportunity to meet some of the best Australian NewSpace and Spatial start-ups, and hear them pitch.
In addition to innovative new startup ideas, industry speakers will also share their vision and success stories about building cooperative, coordinated and competitive Space ecosystems.
- Venue: Riverfront room 6, lower level one, of the Adelaide Convention Centre, IAC 2017 venue.
- Date: Wednesday, 27 September, starting at 14:00h, finishing at 17:00h
Please come and joins us! More information about the Delta-V and Airbus NewSpace Challenge at IAC 2017 @ LINK
Challenge Organisers and Principal Sponsors