1 September 2017
SGAC is looking for members to join our team in the following roles:
- National Points of Contact in different countries
- Space Generation Fusion Forum 2018 Team
- Space Generation Forum Anniversary Event Team
- SGx Lead
- Publications Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Editing Team
For more information and to apply, please follow the links above or check the vacancies section of our website. Application to multiple positions is possible; you will need to submit a separate application for each vacancy.
25 August 2017
- McLee Kerolle, Executive Secretary
- Brittany Zajic, Executive Secretary
- Enrique Garcia Bournep, Near Earth Object (NEO) Project Group co lead
- Dorottya Milankovich, Event Manager, 2nd European Student Forum
- Istvan Arnocz, Deputy Event Manager, 2nd European Student Forum
- Caroline Thro, SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
21 August 2017
The Poland Mars Analogue Simulation (PMAS) was conducted in Eastern Europe from the 31st of July to the 13th of August. The Space Exploration Project Group (SEPG) worked for more than two years planning, designing, and executing the first combined Moon-Mars analogue mission in Poland.
18 August 2017
SGAC is proud to announce two new competitions for members to contribute to:
- SGAC - Space Tech Expo Europe Competition which will provide members with opportunities to contribute to a panel at Space Tech Expo Europe in Bremen
- Find An Asteroid Campaign 2017
For more information and to apply, please follow the links above.
3 August 2017
SGAC’s PMAS 2017 Mission, hosted by the Space Exploration Project Group (SEPG), will be the first combined Moon-Mars analogue mission in Poland. In this two-week mission, a crew of six analogue astronauts will conduct scientific research and record their results while confined to a newly constructed habitat, LUNARES provided by the Space Garden Company — to simulate real planetary exploration conditions. Fully isolated from the rest of the world, the astronauts’ only communication with the outside world will be through a 15-minute time-delayed link (in Mars mode) with the 30 international students and young professionals making up the Flight Support Team (FST), in the Mission Support Centre (MSC), located 89 miles away in the offices of ABM Space in Torun, Poland. The first three days of this mission will be dedicated to Lunar exploration in collaboration on the International Lunar Exploration Working Group and the European Space Agency Moon Village Project. The rest of the mission will be dedicated for Mars Exploration.
1 August 2017
The 1st African Space Generation Workshop (1st AF-SGW) is a two-day regional workshop for students and young professionals in the African region. If you are interested in becoming a delegate at the upcoming African Space Generation Workshop that will be held on 16th – 17th November, 2017 in Akure, Nigeria, we invite you to visit our homepage to complete and submit the application form.
1 August 2017
SGAC is seeking volunteers for the following roles within the organization:
- European Student Forum 2018 Team
- Space Safety and Sustainability Project Group Co-lead
We will also be holding elections in the Asia Pacific Region for a new Regional Coordinator.
For more information and to apply, please follow the links above. We regularly advertise opportunities on our vacancies page.
25 July 2017
SGAC is proud to announce the following appointments in our global team:
- Harriet Brettle, Strategic Partnerships Team Coordinator
- Daniel Malgran, Web coordinator
- Emma Velterop, Space Technologies for Disaster Management (STDM) Project Group co lead
- Maryanne Muriuki, Space Technologies for Disaster Management (STDM) Project Group co lead
- Mansoor Shar, Finance Team Member
- Lauren Smith, SGFF Deputy Manager