Updated News and Opportunities!
Associate Expert programme (Associate Expert on Enabling Space Technology) is open in support of the Executive Secretariat of the ICG to provide specific expertise in implementing the ICG workplan and its technical assistance activities. Detailed information on the United Nations Associate Experts Programme is available at http://esa.un.org/techcoop/associateexperts/index.html
YGNSS is a team of university students and young professionals who aim to help bring the maximum benefits of the Global Navigation Satellite System, or GNSS, to society. YGNSS supports the International Committee on GNSS (ICG), an international forum for cooperation on Global Navigation Satellite Systems recognized by the United Nations. Two of the primary goals of the project team are to provide input to ICG, particularly on matters related to education and public outreach, and to act as a medium for information dissemination on GNSS. Among other activities, YGNSS conducts promotional activities relating to cooperation in GNSS and GNSS applications and presents the benefits of GNSS at various conferences around the world.
YGNSS Workshop on Interoperability and International Cooperation
YGNSS/SGAC organizes a workshop on Interoperability and International Cooperation with the collaboration of UNAVCO and the University of Colorado in Boulder and sponsored by Lockheed-Martin.
The full-day workshop will take place in the University of Colorado in Boulder, on 1 November 2015.
The workshop aims to bring the benefits and issues of GNSS interoperability and the mechanisms of international cooperation to young professionals and students. For more information, check out the workshop website!
|YGNSS Project Lead Stephanie Wan giving a
talk on YGNSS at the ICG
Patthara Limsira representing YGNSS
at the APRSAF Conference
- GNSS and the Youth outreach brochure highlighting the integral role GNSS plays in our lives around the globe
- Active involvement at the International Committee on GNSS
- ICG Prep meetings (YGNSS intent to support GNSS)
- Space Generation Congress: Gathering the opinions of the international delegates on the best uses for GNSS in both developed and developing countries (SGC 2009 Agency Report)
- GNSS International Opinion Poll (Paper at ISU Symposium 2009 and poster)
- YGNSS Education Portal (Paper)
- YGNSS Flyer - Who We Are and What We've Done (Flyer)
- "Challenges Faced by GNSS Today: An Overview" J. Duran, E. Offiong, O. T. Isaiah, S. Wan, IAC Toronto, 2014
Conference Presentations in Past Year
- ICG Meetings: Prague, Czech Republic; Dubai, UAE ; Pasadena, USA ; St. Petersburg, Russia; and Turin, Italy
- UN COPUOS: Vienna, Austria
- ISU Symposium: Strasbourg, France
- Asia Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum: Bangkok, Thailand
- Galileo Application Days: Brussels, Belgium
- Space Based Positioning Navigation and Timing Advisory Board: Washington, DC
- International Committee on GNSS (ICG): Established at UNISPACE III, ICG promotes the use of GNSS infrastructure on a global basis and facilitates exchange of information.
- China - Beidou/COMPASS
- Europe - Galileo
- India - IRNSS (not available yet)
- Japan - Quasi Zenith Satellite "Michibiki" (QZSS)
- Russian Federal Space Agency - GLONASS
- United States - Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Inside GNSS
- "Current and Planned Global and Regional Navigation Satellite Systems and Satellite-based Augmentations System" (UN Publication)
- European Space Agency
- GPS World Magazine
- Galileo Blog
- The National Executive Committee for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT)
- GPS and Co (French)
- NASA Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN)
- A guide to GPS navigation in "plain english" by Fleematics