|National Points of Contact|
Antonio Eduardo Gutierrez Nava
May 2015 - May 2017
Apr 2016 - Apr 2018
Welcome to Mexico SGAC page! We want you to be part of Mexico’s journey in the space industry! The purpose of this page is to link the new generations of Mexican space sector leaders. We firmly believe that putting together the future players of the Mexican space sector will result in a more prosperous tomorrow for the country, the entire region and the world itself. If you like space, feel free to join us! It doesn’t matter if you are a professional in the space industry, arts, science or any other subject as music. Or you just feel the enthusiastic spirit of the vast and marvelous Universe, this is a free group and we will be happy to hear your ideas and count with your help! There is a lot to do for Mexico. This worldwide community is ours, be part of it! We want to see in the future a New Mexican space generation of young space professionals, full of energy and bright ideas! The next greatest challenge for the human race is in the space exploration, and you can start right here! Are you willing to help in this odyssey? Nonetheless, we also promise that it will be fun, entertaining, educative and exciting! Join us in this adventure!
Space Activities in Mexico
Orion - Kukulcan Temple
In Mexico, the interest for space has a long history, from the Teotihuacan civilization to the Mayan, to the Aztecs and teotihuacan cultures till our days. Many of the main characters have been curious and adventurous young people. Through the projects that we are developing on our national universities and the independent clubs and societies, we are getting pretty unstoppable. We have realized that space science and engineering can be a big motivation in the eternal human quest to find our place in the universe.
During 2016 several space events will take place in the country, involving young people. Many of these events will happen thanks to the efforts done by the Mexican Space Agency (AEM) to strengthen the collaboration between agencies, educational institutions and all the actors of the space community in Mexico and abroad. Of course some of them are happening in view to the Space Generation Congress and the International Astronautical Conference happening this year in Guadalajara. Several courses and trainings are still ongoing thanks to the collaboration agreements done by AEM. The astronauts Jose Hernandez and Rodolfo Neri Vela are planning several activities this year.
The Local Organisation Team for SGC is being formed. Keep visiting the site to see updates!
Good News: Guadalajara City was selected to host the International Astronautical Congress in 2016!!!
- INAOE Seminars: You can attend some of the scientific conferences that INAOE is offering during the entire year.
- Aero Expo : Aero Expo: Event focused in Aeronautics and the capacitation of personal in aeronautics. Frequency: Yearly
- FEMIA: Feria Aeroespacial México, Congress planned to boost the development of the space sector in Mexico. Frequency: Yearly
- Space Boot Camp: Three days Space Camp organized by the Mexican Space Agency in different parts of the country.
- AEM Specific Contests: List of events and contests organized by the Mexican Space Agency
- New events to be updated
Mexican Talent in Space
Women in Aerospace
Astronaut Dr. Rodolfo Neri Vela
Astronaut Dr. Jose Hernandez
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Mexico
Groups, People, Institutions
- Agencia Espacial Mexicana: The official website of the Mexican Space Agency
- SOMECYTA Sociedad Mexicana de Ciencia y Tecnología Aeroespacial: Created in 2011, SOMECYTA is a group of professional people who wants to share science, engineering and aerospace technology in Mexico through symposiums and congresses.
- Regional Teaching Center of Space Sciences for the Caribbean and Latin America: The center created by the United Nations Organization; teaches courses on: Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems, Satellite Communications, Weather Monitoring, Space and Atmospheric Sciences
- National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics: The INAOE is a Public Investigation Center with high leadership (international level) in the field of scientific research
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Center: According to the Mexican Academy of Sciences this is the center in the country with the most impact in the international scale
- Instituto de Astronomía: The astronomy institute of the National University in Mexico - UNAM
- TELECOMM: A decentralized government agency that forms part of the Public Communications and Transportation sector
- Mexican Federation of the Aerospace Industry: A non-profit organization that represents the aerospace companies in Mexico
- Certification program of Space processes to foster the Integration of the Small-Medium companies in the aerospace sector: A program from the United Nations to foster the aerospace industry in developing nations
- Transportation and Communications Secretariat: Aeronautics The federal institutions that manages the aeronautic sector in Mexico
- Tecnologia Aeroespacial Mexicana: A company that is a developer and provider of hydrogen peroxide rockets and related technologies
- The Large Millimeter Telescope The LMT is a research facility, which symbolizes the intent of both Mexico and the United States to explore at the frontiers of human knowledge
- Astronomy Groups in Mexico Directory A non-official list of astronomy groups spread in the country
- Extra-official list of Mexican Astronomers A non-official list of Mexican astronomers
- Mexican Aerospace Industry - PROMEXICO
- Baja’s Aerospace Supplier Forum
Mexican Satellite Ulises I Ulises I is a an art, science and technology project, developed by Colectivo Espacial Mexicano, which is based in the creation and launch of an artificial nano-satellite.
Education Institutions Offering Space Programs in Mexico
Queretaro Aeronautics University Brand new University that main focus is to form Mexican aerospace professionals with World-class capabilities to foster the national aerospace industry
National Polytechnic Institute - Aeronautics Engineering Its objective is to form engineers with the fundamental knowledge in the diverse disciplines of aeronautics
Universidad de Nuevo León Aeronautics Engineering located in Northern Mexico
AEM related websites:
- Website dedícated to Space Programs supported by the AEM.
- Espacio de los Niños
- Mexican Space Agency Website dedicated to educational activities for kids.
- Hacia el Espacio/ AEM’s space science and technology digital magazine
Space Generation Congress 2016
Mars Analogue Workshop
- Universum Museum
- Laberinto Museum
- Centro de Ciencias de Sinaloa
- El Trompo Museo Interactivo
- Museo Sol del Niño
- Caracol Museo de Ciencias y Acuario