Delegate Information

This page shall give you some useful information concerning the Space Generation Congress, in order to facilitate your planning and to encourage your participation.

You can be sure: it will be worth it!

• How do I secure my spot at SGC 2012?
  • What does it cost?
  • How do I pay for my registration?
  • What do I need to know about SGC 2012?
  • Where and how can I connect to other delegates and the organisers?
  • What else should I know about Italy?

How do I secure my spot at SGC 2012?

Step 1: You visit the SGC homepage and apply online

Step 2: SGAC reviews your application for approval/denial

Step 3: If your application is approved, pay the full registration cost -- only the first 130 people to pay their registration fees in full will attend SGC 2012

Admissions are rolling. This means applications are reviewed as they come in. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be reviewed for approval, the sooner you can secure your SGC spot by paying the registration costs, and the sooner you can make your travel arrangements!

Space Generation Congress attendance is limited to 130 people, so only the most motivated applicants will attend.

For information on the registration costs please see below. Preferred payment is via bank transfer but Paypal is also available; please see below for bank details. If, for any reason, you require further assistance or confirmation, please let us know: Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.. Please note that the full registration cost is non-refundable.

What does it cost?

SGC Delegate (Full-time student): 80€ for early bird registration (8 July). 130€ for late registration (23 July).

SGC Delegate (Young Professional): 110€ for early bird registration (July 8). 150€ for late registration (23 July).

How do I pay for my registration?

SGC registration is completed when the payment is done. There are only 130 spots available, and they are first come, first served based on when payment has been received. Also, these spots are only open to people who had applied by the July 23 deadline. Bank transfer is the preferred.  All registration fees are non-refundable.

Admissions closed.

What do I need to know about SGC 2012?

You can find a link to the preliminary timetable of SGC events here. More info on the specific working group topics can be found here.

You should plan to arrive in Naples on the 26 September, when we will have an optional welcome evening for all delegates and staff prior to the actual meeting days of 27 - 29 September.

The dress code for SGC is business casual, however the dress code is formal business clothing or your local national costume for the final closing dinner. For those attending IAC, formal business clothing is mostly expected at IAC day and evening events.

There is no specific packing list, but here are some things you might want to take:

• Passport and Tourist VISA (if required)
  • A laptop computer for SGC work (if you have one)
  • An electrical adapter to change voltage or shape connector for any appliances brought overseas. Voltage is 220 and 50 Hz.
  • Modest summer clothing. A mix between summer weather outside and AC inside all the buildings.
  • Naples guide book
  • Notebook
  • Business cards

And some recommendations:

• Naples is not an unsafe city, but it is recommended to take care of your belongings and don’t trust unknown people, or especially people selling things in the street.
  • There are some areas which are also not recommended to walk during night, so be aware of your surroundings.  It is recommended that you walk in groups.

Where and how can I connect to other delegates and the organisers?

Explicitly for the purposes of introducing yourself to other delegates, discussing SGC organisation and work group planning, and exchanging information on travel planning, an SGC Facebook page have been created. Simply go to here.

Please check these forums together with the SGC website regularly for latest news and updates.

What else should I know about Italy?

SGAC has prepared an overall summary of things to know about Italy, so please check this on the Practical Information and Culture, Language and Insider Tips pages.

© 2006-2018   Space Generation Advisory Council  |  info@spacegeneration.org