25 March 2017
Based on the success of the 1st and 2nd European Space Generation Workshop (E-SGW), SGAC will organise the 3rd European Space Generation Workshop in early 2018.
We are looking for the perfect place for this event.
Deadline for Application: 25 April 2017
The call is open to SGAC members in the European Region, however, bids from Hungary, France and Italy will not be considered, as these countries have already hosted a major SGAC regional event in the past 5 years. Bids from Germany will not be considered as well, since the Space Generation Congress 2018 will be organised in Bremen
Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 3rd European Space Generation workshop. For this, please provide information about the following
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in early 2018 with a focus on March-April 2018)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation,...) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) and headshot photo of the Event Manager and Deputy Event Manager
The following items are a plus
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major (space) event/conference/congress/program)
- Suggested program for the workshop
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts.
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager are not counting)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-34 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a MUST.
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-34 and registered on the SGAC website).
- The E-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator.
- This is a volunteer position.
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME, 3RD ESGW, together with: your bid
All applications must be emailed to European Regional Coordinators
Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applications close: 25 April 2017
- Review of bids and interviews: 25 April – 10 May 2017
- Announcement of results: 15 May 2017