The Space Generation Advisory Council is a global non-governmental, non-profit (US 501(c)3) organisation and network which aims to represent university students and young space professionals (aged 18-35) to the United Nations, space agencies, industry, and academia.
SGAC is based out of Vienna, Austria with an additional office situated in Washington DC, United States of America. As a registered non-profit and non-governmental organisation, SGAC is a registered 501(c)3 organisation in the US - all donations to SGAC are eligible for tax deduction. All SGAC Executive Office Members, Regional Coordinators and National Points of Contact are unpaid volunteers, with the exception of our Executive Director.
c/o European Space Policy Institute
51 Skyhill Road, Unit 304
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SpaceBook?
This is our new Social Media Platform. SGACs mission is to facilitate the exchange of views on space related matters across borders. It allows our users to create a profile, link to other members, form and join Groups to discuss in detail with fellow Member.
- Why do I have to fill out my SGAC Profile?
In order to use SpaceBook, you have to be an SGAC member. SGAC members are required to have a completed and active profile on www.spacegeneration.org.
- Who can help me to access my account?
Our Membership Managers, Desmond Leung and Luis Ferreira, can help you with anything you need concerning your account.
- I have difficulties login in - what can I do?
- What happens with all my data?
SGAC requires this data for strictly internal purposes. We will not pass on information to third parties or exchange information for profit. Your National Points of Contact (NPoCs) and Regional Coordinators (RCs) may request contact information (email, gender and age) from our Membership Managers.
- Do I need an account to be an SGAC members?
Yes, as laid out in the SGAC Bylaws, all SGAC members must have a profile on our webpage.
- Do I have to pay for SGAC membership?
No, SGAC Membership is free, and so is the use of SpaceBook.
- How do I log out of SpaceBook?
On the bar at the top of your profile, you will find the logout button on the top right corner.
- I cannot log in with my old password. Is this normal? What should I do?
Yes, this is normal. With the new SGAC's SpaceBook you cannot log in with your old password anymore. Therefore, you will need to reset your password by clicking the link "Forgot password" and request a temporary one. Click on the link that you will receive in your email and reset your password.
- How can I reset my password?
SGAC Members Testimonials
The Space Generation Advisory Council keeps working on its mission since its inception at the UNISPACE III in 1999. Young Professionals and Students from all around the globe have benefited from SGAC, and being part of this network has impacted their professional and personal lives greatly.
Read and hear all what they have to say about SGAC!
Sponsoring & Supporting SGAC
In addition to the support it provides to keep top people in the space sector, sponsorship of SGAC facilitates education, constructive discussion and profile-raising of issues most important to the space business today. As future space employees and decision-makers, now is the time to put key issues front and foremost in the thinking of the up-and-coming generation.
As a non-profit organisation, SGAC relies on the sponsorship and support of governmental, non-governmental, and industry organisations as well as private individuals. SGAC is an organisation with thousands of international members representing the political and law aspects of space through the most technical aspects of the space sector. SGAC strives to ensure that our donors also reflect this diversity. SGAC is continuously looking for general sponsors as well as project partners.
We believe that that voice of global space youth should be engaged and heard. We hope you are able to join us in achieving that endeavor.
Sponsorship Kit 2015 / 2016
SGAC is proud to present the SGAC Sponsorship Kit 2015/2016 edition. It contains comprehensive lists of sponsorship opportunites and benefits as well as some background information about SGAC and our events and project groups. Click on the image to access the document.
Benefits to Sponsor
- Raising the profile of your agency and/or country as a group that is fundamentally involved on the international stage in the development advanced students and young professionals in the space sector
- Meeting and engaging with that group and gaining access to the international network of SGAC
- Raising the profile of a issue important to your organisation in the international community through project partnership with SGAC
- Publicity amongst the membership of SGAC (thousands of space university students and young professionals worldwide), at the UN, and to other donors, alumni and subscribers to our newsletter
Take a look at our partners and supporters!
Benefits to SGAC and Its Members of Your Generous Sponsorship
Scholarships to SGAC members from around the world to attend conferences and events
- Funding towards logistics for SGAC conferences, outreach projects, and events
- Contribution towards the SGAC overhead – staff time, travel, and other expenditures
- Mentorship and understanding of the support from other organisations in the space sector in their development and views
SGAC is continuously looking for general sponsors as well as project partners. Current projects needing sponsorship include:
- The Space Generation Congress 2017: The Space Generation Congress is an annual conference bringing together top young minds from around world to focus on key space topics. The Congress takes place annually in conjunction with the International Astronautical Congress.
- The Space Generation Fusion Forum: The Space Generation Fusion Forum is an annual conference, done in conjunction with the National Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, USA. It gathers the top 50 delegates to discuss on a very dynamic panels the key space topics.
- Propose a Project to SGAC: SGAC is also open to engaging our members in projects that are proposed by sponsors to give the youth perspective
How to Contact Us About Sponsorship
If you would like to donate to SGAC please click the PayPal button:
BANK DETAILS SGAC
|Account Name:||Space Generation Beirat zur Unterst.d.Progr.f.
Weltraumanwendungen d.Ver. Nationen (SGAC)