1 July 2017
SGAC is looking for energetic and motivated volunteers to join the local organising team and help organise the Space Generation Congress 2018 in Bremen, Germany.
Deadline for Application: 25 July 2017
The Space Generation Congress (SGC) is one of SGAC’s annual global events. Top university students and young professionals with a passion for space will travel from all around the globe to attend three days of the 17th SGC. The 130 delegates will enjoy an inspiring and resourceful engagement with their peers at the congress, held in Bremen, Germany on 26th - 29th September 2018 prior to the 69th International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
Benefits for successful applicants for the SGC Local Organising Team team include developing invaluable project management skills along with leadership, and international work experience. Applications are open to all SGAC members.
Successful applicants in this position will coordinate local activities across Germany with a focus in and around Bremen. Tasks include:
Support the transition phase from SGC 2017 to SGC 2018
Support the logistics for SGC 2018
Support the efforts of SGAC towards collaborating with local entities in Germany in the organisation of SGC 2018 (Universities, companies, institutions, youth organisations, etc.)
Coordinate local media relations and advertising before, during, and after the SGC
Identify potential local partners
Estimated time commitment: 8 hours per day during the event, 2 hours per week prior to event
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age at the time of SGC 2018
- This role is limited to applicants based in Germany prior and during SGC 2018
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Interest in being involved in multiple aspects of planning the event
- Prior experience as delegate or team in an SGAC Event is prefered
- German language skills are a plus
This is your opportunity to shape the future of SGAC, interact directly with some of today's top leaders in the space sector, work with the next generation of space sector leaders from around the globe and take part in space policy at the United Nations with space agencies, industry and academia. As part of the SGC organising team you will secure a free ticket to SGC 2018. Active members of SGAC are considered for different scholarships such as the Space Generation Leadership Awards or the Global Grants Programme.
How to Apply
To apply please send an email with subject heading: [LAST NAME, 2018 SGC Organising Team] with the following:
1) Resume (with headshot and date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
2) Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for your preferred role (limit 1 page)
3) 3 examples of previous experiences which you feel have prepared you for this role
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for Applications
|Applications Open:||1 July 2017|
|Applications Close:||25 July 2017|
|Review of Applications:||25-31 July 2017|
|Interviews:||1-10 August 2017|
|Announcement of Outcome:||Week of 20 August 2017|