Apr 2013-Apr 2015
Apr 2013-Apr 2015
Asia Pacific has been a growing region for SGAC, paralleling the region’s development in the space sector. The primary activities for the region have been education and outreach driven by budding space leaders. Additionally, Asia Pacific has been the host of several Space Generation Congresses, including in 2005 in Fukuoka, Japan, 2009 in Daejeon, South Korea and in 2013 in Beijing, China. The SGAC community in the region is growing and the first Asia-Pacific Regional Space Generation Workshop (AP-SGW) is being planned to be held in Yokohama, Japan in November 2014, in conjunction with Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF).
Current/Recent Activities in Region
- Expansion of SGAC presence in the region
- Recruitment of NPoCs in new countries: North Korea, Mongolia, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Bhutan, Pakistan,Tajikistan,,Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Encourage each NPoC to recruit at least 50 new members on an interdisciplinary basis to SGAC from their country.
- SGAC introduction to other youth space networks in the region.
- Develop promotional material in the form of brochures, posters, etc. for advertisement.
- Increase presence of the Asia-Pacific region in Space Generation Congress (SGC) in Toronto by promoting the event and sending more students and young professionals from the region.
- Holding the first Asia-Pacific Regional Space Generation Workshop (AP-SGW) in November 2014 in Yokohama, Japan.
- Focus on Yuri's Night Party to celebrate the golden jubilee of human spaceflight
- Active participation in the World Space Week in October 2014
- Introduction of SGAC activities in the region in Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF)
Please see our SGAC Team Page for the full list of Regional Coordinators and National Points of Contact for the region!