|National Points of Contact
Oct 2014-Oct 2016
May 2016-May 2018
Japan has its own space agency (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, JAXA) and has been taking an important role in space activities. Furthermore, many new space ventures and efforts as a private sector are started to show up in Japan. Space activities among the young people are of course vigorous and passionate, including the SGAC activities in Japan.
Overview of Activities
In Japan, we have met a lot of space colleagues in the world through SGAC activities, SGC, and other aerospace events. We hope to develop more real business relationships with them. We are now focusing on communicating well with each SGAC Japan member, keeping in touch with the participants of the past SGCs and spreading the word about the great experiences in SGAC to space enthusiasts in Japan.
Visions of SGAC Japan:
- To communicate well with each SGAC Japan member
- To keep in touch with the participants of the past SGCs
- To spread the word about the great experiences in SGAC to space enthusiasts in Japan
- To encourage more members from Japan to participate in SGC
- To warmly welcome SGAC members who visit Japan
SGAC Japan members network is accessible via the SGAC Japan mailing list group!
Let’s challenge ourselves together to open up new access to space with passion, creativity, and strong will!
Country-Specific Events in 2016
23 Jan: Round talk event (Space Travel Japan)
24 Mar: Space Job Hunting
12-15 Oct: Japan International Aerospace Exhibition
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Japan
Non-Profit Organization (NPO)
- University Space Engineering Consortium (UNISEC)
- Manned Rocket Project (MRP)
- Hokkaido Aerospace Science and Technology Incubation Center (HASTEC)
- Kansai Space initiative (KASPI)
- Space Travel Japan
- Japan Space Elevator Association
- Space Job Hunting
Technical Research Units
- Advanced Manufacturing Association of Tokyo Enterprises for Resolution of Aviation System (AMATERAS)
- SOALA HIGASHI OSAKA
- Wing Win OKAYAMA