|National Points of Contact
Apr 2013-Apr 2015
Aug 2011-Aug 2015
Oct 2014-Oct 2016
Japan has its own space agency (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, JAXA) and has been taking an important role in space activities. Furthermore, many new space ventures and efforts as a private sector are started showing up in Japan. Space activities among the young people are of course vigorous and passionate, including the SGAC activities in Japan.
We have met a lot of space colleagues in the world through SGAC activities, SGC, and other aerospace events. We hope to develop more real business relationships with them. And we are now focusing on communicating well with each SGAC Japan member, keeping in touch with the participants of the past SGCs and spreading the word about the great experiences in SGAC to the space enthusiasts in Japan.
Thanks to Tomohiro Kawamura, Kazuhiko Yotsumoto, Ryoko Nakamura, Shinichiro Narita, Keisuke Shimizu, Yusuke Muraki, Ken Fujiwara, Ludens Engineering Laboratory, Inc. and many Anonymous supporters!
We launched a scholarship program for Japanese participants of SGC in 2013. The scholarship program last year was successfully accomplished as well as last year in Beijing and a Japanese student participated in the SGC2014 in Toronto by the program. This program is supported by SGC OB/OGs, individuals and private companies. Many thanks to Kazuhiko Yotsumoto, Shinichiro Narita, Yuri Umehara, Matsuaki Kato, Koji Nakamura, Yusuke Muraki, Daichi Nakamura and many Anonymous supporters!
SGAC Japan Web Page (Japanese)
Let’s challenge ourselves together to open up a new access to space with passion, creativity, and strong will!
Visions of SGAC Japan
- To communicate well with each SGAC Japan member.
- To keep in touch with the participants of the past SGCs.
- To spread the word about the great experiences in SGAC to the space enthusiasts in Japan.
- To encourage more members from Japan to participate in SGC.
- To warmly welcome SGAC members who visit Japan.
SGAC Japan members network is accessible via the SGAC Japan mailing list group!
Young Space Activities Overview in Japan
So many space-related events have been organized for college students and young professionals. Make sure to check out our interesting link section below and the latest national report of Japan in SGAC's annual report!
Country-Specific Events in 2015
- Yuri's Night (12 April): Yuri’s night is a celebration of humanity’s achievement in space. It marks the launch of the first human into space, Yuri Gagarin on April 12, 1961 and the launch of the first Space Shuttle, STS-1 on April 12, 1981.
- Space Job Hunting Event (25 April)
- 30th The International Symposium on Space Technology and Science (ISTS) (4-10 July)
- The 59th Symposium on Space Science and Technology (7-9 October)
- Tokyo Aerospace Symposium 2015 (14-16 October)
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Japan
Non-Profit Organization (NPO)
- University Space Engineering Consortium (UNISEC)
- Manned Rocket Project (MRP)
- Hokkaido Aerospace Science and Technology Incubation Center (HASTEC)
- Kansai Space initiative (KASPI)
- Space Travel Japan
- Japan Space Elevator Association
Technical Research Units
- Advanced Manufacturing Association of Tokyo Enterprises for Resolution
- of Aviation System (AMATERAS)
- SOALA HIGASHI OSAKA
- Wing Win OKAYAMA