|National Points of Contact|
Feb 2011-Feb 2015
Young Space Activities Overview in Bulgaria
Country-Specific Events in 2013
5th Edition of the Space Challenges Program (September 1st-September 15th): The Space Challenges Program became the largest space and advanced technology education initiative in the Balkans. In 2014 the program will have its 5th consecutive edition. The main aim of the program is to develop a generation of young scientists and technology professionals with an entrepreneurial mindset by focusing on direct economical and social impact. The program is structured around three components: science, technology and entrepreneurship and is completely practice-oriented
- European Space Expo (May 16th-24th): One of the main space-related events in Bulgaria for the first half of 2014 was the European Space Expo which took place from May 16th to May 24th in Sofia The Expo was seen by a total of 35 443 visitors.
- Aerospace business in Bulgaria: The aerospace company Special Concepts Ltd. is working on a number of different advanced engineering projects and successfully accomplished the Statospheric Cinema Project.
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Bulgaria
- Space Challenges
- Institute for Space Research and Technologies
- Sofia University Aerospace Engineering
- Singularity University Global Competition – CEE
- Stratospheric Cinema Project
Photo of Space Challenges students at the
Picture taken by one to the stratospheric apparatuses
Open conversation of Noel Parmentier, Chief Strategic Officer