|Regional Coordinator||National Points of Contact|
Feb 2011 - Mar 2017
Aug 2015 - Aug 2017
Welcome to the SGAC Russia page!
Russia has a great history of space exploration, having launched the first satellite and the first man in space. Its contribution to the space sector development is enormous and still continues to grow. Despite having gone through many changes and obstacles in recent decades, Russia still occupies a leading position in the space sector. Space achievements give inspiration and hope for people all over the country. SGAC Russia is here to make it easier for the Russian university students and young professionals to build a stronger network, enhance their voice in space policy, and develop their leadership skills!
Young Space Activities Overview in Russia
This year for Russian Space was exciting and full of interesting activities. The interest in the space
Running into the stratosphere
|Rocket Festival in Russia (1)|
|Rocket Festival in Russia (2)|
|Rocket Festival in Russia (3)|
industry rose in 2014 and the sector became stronger. Lots of scientific events such as conferences, forums and space meetings were organized in Russia this year. Young professionals and students were involved in many projects at schools and universities. They had exciting opportunities to challenge themselves by participating in different space related contests. Space science received a new life in festivals.
In the beginning of this year Yuri’s Night parties were thundered around Russia!
As usual lots of satellites conferences and schools programs were conducted during the year. A project called “Space lessons” – a special course of lectures giving from ISS for children – was launched.
And we hope next year will hold this high level of interest to space science!
Aside from these academic and professional activities, there are various astronomical clubs spread all over the country where young enthusiasts can share their passion and interests. SGAC hopes to link you to them and them to you!
We are always ready to help you with your international experience!
For more information make sure to check out our interesting link section below, and the national report of Russia in SGAC's annual report 2014!
Country-Specific Events in 2015
- Conferences organized by Moscow Aviation Institute (Russia). MAI regularly organises conferences on aerospace technology, IT, communication and control systems and other disciplines.
- Russian Championship CanSat, Dubna, Moscow Region (July 2015)
- Rocketfest, Moscow Region
- Space Trekker, Annual even for kids (October 2015)
- Yuri’s Night in Russia
- Conferences organized by Space Research Institute (Russia)
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Russia
- The Youth Space Center
- Moscow Astronomy Club
- Tomsk Astronomy Club
- Kazansk astronomy Club
- Astronomy Forum
- Free Space Simulator (made in St-Petersburg)
- Club of Space Armatures “Space Crew”, Moscow
- Club of Young Cosmonauts in the name of Gherman Titov, St-Petersburg
- Club of Young Cosmonauts in the name of Yuri Gagarin, St-Petersburg
- Evening Astronomy School, Moscow
- Your Sector of Space
Russian space blogs
- Russian space agency Roscosmos
- Mission Control Centre
- Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation
- Samara Space Research Centre «Progress»
- Khrunichev Space Center
- Lin Industrial
- NPO Lavochkin
- Central Research Institute of Machine Building
- Space Research Institute
- Star city: http://zvezdniygorodok.ru/ru/ or http://en.starcity-tours.ru/
- Volga region space center (Russian Academy of science)
- Research Center for Earth Operative Monitoring (NTs OMZ)
- News about space (“Kosmolenta”)
- Space News Magazine (“Novosti kosmonavtiki”)
- Moscow Planetariums: http://www.planetarium-moscow.ru/ and http://www.planetarium-cc.ru/index.html
- Irkutsk Planetarium
- Moscow Museum of space
- Mars-500 Project
- Radio Betelgeuse (space music)