|Regional Coordinator||National Point of Contact|
Apr 2013-Apr 2015
Jan 2012-Jan 2016
Oct 2013-Oct 2015
Iran as one of the main and absolute powers of Middle East region in Space Science and Aerospace, plays an important role in development of space arena by projects such as launching Pishgam Voyager and AUT SAT satellite into space, which covers implementing new technologies, outreach programs and improvement in professional and public aspects. Many youths groups hold programs to support public awareness and organizations like Iranian Space Agency (ISA) and Astronautics Research Institute (ARI) make noticeable efforts in professional aspect.
“Iran is in scientific huge leap ahead!” so we need new generation’s energy, enthusiasm, creativity and activity as young future leaders. Here’s the place you can JOIN US.
Overview of activities in Iran for young people
- Receiving an article from Andrea Jaime (SGAC Executive Director) about World Space Week for Night-Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine in October 2012 and also a video message by Andrea Jaime and Catherine Doldirina (Former SGAC Chairperson) to start WSW exhibition at Tehran in 2012.
- Spreading the activities, matches and SGAC news in magazines, newspapers and news agencies in Iran
- Having an interview with Catherine Doldirina and publishing it in Night-Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine website with a report of SGC2012 (visit it)
- Jame Jam Newspaper had an interview with Behnoosh Meskoob, Regional Coordinator of Middle East, and also articles that Ms.Safoora Tanbakouei and Mr.Mohammadreza Rezaei (National Points of Contact for Iran) wrote in Shargh newspaper to introduce SGAC and working groups.
- Seminars and Conferences which NPoCs took part in Tehran, Isfahan, Tabriz, Arsanjan(Shiraz) cities and as representatives of SGAC introduced it and motivated young professionals and students to cooperate with us by scientific speeches.
- Set up a booth in WSW 2012 exhibition in Science and Astronomy Center of Tehran, to introduce Space Generation Advisory Council to visitors and enthusiasts by delegations of SGAC in Iran (Leila Ghasemzadeh, Ali Alizadeh (SGAC YGNSS Working Group Members), Mohammadreza Rezaie and Safoura Tanbakouei (NPoCs of Iran) and Behnoosh Meskoob (RC of ME).
- Yuri’s Night & Astronomy Day :
In Tehran, Isfahan, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Tabriz, Shiraz and 26 other cities in Iran, the Yuri’s Night and Astronomy Day was celebrated by different astronomy councils. Groups, educated people about Yuri’s first flight and had some programs such as showing and analyzing space movies, observing the night sky, astronomy exhibitions, and kid’s booth. Also some TV programs have shown and many special papers have published in Astronomy Day
- World Space Week programs:
World Space Week programs in 2013 was started by the message “Exploring Mars, discovering Earth” in Iran. Tehran, Tabriz, Kashan, Sari, Kermanshah, Isfahan, Yazd, Mashhad and Shiraz organized congresses and space exhibitions in the
WSW2013. Also some scientific programs among enthusiastic students in universities or space research institutes were held. Moreover, Night Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine and Nojum (Astronomy) magazine published special papers about WSW2013. In this year’s programs Dr.Mezlan Osman, director of the UNOOSA was the special guest of Iran in WSW programs.
- Matches and Conferences :
Matches among high school students and university students to build water rockets and gliders in - Sharif and Amirkabir universities.
- Aerospace Society of Iran Conference in Feb2013
- Science Day in Iran with space and astronomy exhibition:
Popularization of science prize was presented to Mr.Ahmad Dalaki (astronomy journalist) and Mr.Cyrus Borzu (space journalist).
List of Aerospace Faculties in Iran
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Sharit Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Amirkabir technical university (Tehran Polytechnic University)
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Khaje-nasir-toosi Technical University
Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Malek-Ashtar Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran
Aerospace Engineering Group, Trabiat Modares University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Shahid Beheshti University
Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Shiraz Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Elm-o-San'at University
Astronautics Research Institute
Aerospace Engineering Group, Mashad Ferdowsi University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Shiraz University
Payam Nur University
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Iran:
Iranian Space Agency
Astronautics research Institute
Iran CanSat Competition
Iran Space Club
Wikipedia, Iran Space Agency
Aerospace Industries Organization
Aerospace Research Center
Iranian Space Agencies (listing)
Iran Space Program
Iran in Space Globalsecurity.org
Space Society of Iran
Online space magazine