|Regional Coordinator||National Point of Contact|
Apr 2013-Apr 2015
Jan 2012-Jan 2016
Oct 2013-Oct 2015
Iran as one of the main and absolute powers of Middle East region in Space Science and Aerospace, plays an important role in development of space arena by projects such as launching Pishgam Voyager and AUT SAT satellite into space, which covers implementing new technologies, outreach programs and improvement in professional and public aspects. Many youths groups hold programs to support public awareness and organizations like Iranian Space Agency (ISA) and Astronautics Research Institute (ARI) make noticeable efforts in professional aspect.
“Iran is in scientific huge leap ahead!” so we need new generation’s energy, enthusiasm, creativity and activity as young future leaders. Here’s the place you can JOIN US.
Young Space Activities Overview in Iran
- Receiving an article from Andrea Jaime (SGAC Executive Director) about World Space Week for Night-Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine in October 2012 and also a video message by Andrea Jaime and Catherine Doldirina (Former SGAC Chairperson) to start WSW exhibition at Tehran in 2012.
- Spreading the activities, matches and SGAC news in magazines, newspapers and news agencies in Iran
- Having an interview with Catherine Doldirina and publishing it in Night-Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine website with a report of SGC2012 (visit it)
- Jame Jam Newspaper had an interview with Behnoosh Meskoob, Regional Coordinator of Middle East, and also articles that Ms.Safoora Tanbakouei and Mr.Mohammadreza Rezaei (NPoC of Iran) wrote in Shargh newspaper to introduce SGAC and working groups.
- Seminars and Conferences which NPoCs took part in Tehran, Isfahan, Tabriz, Arsanjan (Shiraz) cities and as representatives of SGAC introduced it and motivated young professionals and students to cooperate with us by scientific speeches.
- Set up a booth in WSW 2012 exhibition in Science and Astronomy Center of Tehran, to introduce Space Generation Advisory Council to visitors and enthusiasts by delegations of SGAC in Iran (Leila Ghasemzadeh, Ali Alizadeh (SGAC YGNSS Working Group Members), Mohammadreza Rezaie and Safoura Tanbakouei (NPoCs of Iran) and Behnoosh Meskoob (RC of ME).
- Wide selection of the "Huma" name in the "Name an Asteroid Campaign” in Iranian press. The news on was reported in television and more than 60 newspapers.
- Publication the specific interview with Alex Karl (Chairman of the Working Group Near Earth Objects) by Mohammadreza and Safoura (NPoCs of Iran) for name of asteroid “Huma” news in Nojum (astronomy) magazine.
Country-Specific Events in 2015
Figure 1: Alexander Alexandrov in Isfahan
Figure 2: The launcher before launch, in Semnan space station
Figure 3: Mockup the first Iranian manned spacecraft
Yuri’s Night & Astronomy Day:
In Tehran, Isfahan, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Tabriz, Shiraz and 26 other cities in Iran, the Yuri’s Night and Astronomy Day was celebrated by different astronomy councils. Groups, educated people about Yuri’s first flight and had some programs such as showing and analyzing space movies, observing the night sky, astronomy exhibitions, and kid’s booth. Also some TV programs have shown and many special papers have published in Astronomy Day
World Space Week programs:
World Space Week programs in 2014 was started by the message “Space guiding your way” in Iran. Tehran, Tabriz, Kashan, Sari, Kermanshah, Isfahan, Yazd, Mashhad and Shiraz organized congresses and space exhibitions in the WSW2014. Also some scientific programs among enthusiastic students in universities or space research institutes were held. Moreover, Fazanavard (astronaut) magazine, Night Sky (Aseman-e-Shab) magazine and Nojum (Astronomy) magazine published special papers about WSW2013.
Matches and Conferences:
Aerospace Society of Iran Conference in Feb2014
Science Day in Iran with space and astronomy exhibition:
Popularization of science prize was Nojum (Astronomy) magazine.
Country-Specific Events in 2014
- Successful launch of the fourth Iranian satellite "Fajr" (Dawn) into orbit
- Unveiled the Mockup of the first Iranian manned spacecraft
- Alexander Alexandrov, Russian astronaut traveled to Iran and had lectures at student conferences and public gatherings in cities Tehran, Isfahan and Tabriz.
- Publishing a new monthly magazine called "astronaut" by Aerospace Research Institute of Iran for public. Mohammadreza is the senior editor and Safoura is one of its authors.
- Piero Benvenuti (Vice-President of the International Astronomical Union) travelled to Iran and took part in IOTA conference in Isfahan.
List of Aerospace Faculties in Iran
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Sharit Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Amirkabir technical university (Tehran Polytechnic University)
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Khaje-nasir-toosi Technical University
- Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Malek-Ashtar Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Trabiat Modares University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Shahid Beheshti University
- Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Shiraz Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Elm-o-San'at University
- Astronautics Research Institute
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Mashad Ferdowsi University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Shiraz University
- Payam Nur University
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Iran
- Iranian Space Agency
- Astronautics research Institute
- Iran CanSat Competition
- Space Science
- Iran Space Club
- Wikipedia, Iran Space Agency
- Aerospace Industries Organization
- Aerospace Research Center
- Iranian Space Agencies (listing)
- Iran Space Program
- Iran in Space Globalsecurity.org
- Shahab SLV
- Space Society of Iran
- Online space magazine