|National Points of Contact|
|Jorge Vega Rodriguez
Jul 2010-Jul 2014
Mar 2011-Mar 2015
Welcome to Mexico SGAC page! Mexico has started its journey in the space industry and we invite you to be part of this endeavor. The purpose of this page is to link the new generations of Mexican space sector leaders. We firmly believe that putting together today the future players of the Mexican space sector will result in a more prosperous tomorrow for the country and the entire region. If you like space, feel free to join us! It doesn’t matter if you are a professional in the space industry or if you just feel the enthusiastic spirit about the topic, this is a free group and we will be happy to hear your ideas and count with your help! There is a lot to do for Mexico. This worldwide community is yours Mexico, be part of it! This is your chance to be part of the history. We want to see in the future a new Mexican space generation of young space professionals, full of energy and bright ideas! This is fun, entertained, educative and exciting! What are you waiting for? Join us!
Young Space Activities Overview in Mexico
SGAC Mexico representatives at the
SGAC present during the creation of the Mexican Space Agency with Rodolfo Neri Vela, Mexican Astronaut
|NpoC Carmen Felix during on of her conferences in Culiacan, where she explained about the space industry and SGAC.|
In Mexico, the interest for space has a long history, where main characters have been curious and adventurous young people. Through the projects that we are developing on our national universities and the independent clubs and societies, we are getting pretty unstoppable. We have realized that space science and engineering can be a big motivation in the eternal human quest to find our place in the universe.
Supporting entrepreneurship on a big variety of projects of true Mexican talent, this is the way the next space generation aim to support the future national space program that will be driven by the Mexican Space Agency, to make our voices heard in the higher spheres of Mexican academia, government and industry. The active participation and interest of students, teachers and independent teams through 2010-2012 was strong, there wasn’t any conference, symposium or congress that wasn’t full of young minds, willing to take the lead on the development of Mexican Modern Age, and the resolution of its problems.
Country-specific events in 2013
- Ciclo de Conferencias y Talleres de la SAM en la Ciudad de México: If you are close to Mexico City, you can join the activities of the Mexican Astronomy Society.
- Eventos SAE México: The Mexican Delegation will have events and competitions for you during this year. Stay tuned!
- Seminarios en el INAOE: You can attend some of the scientific conferences that INAOE is offering during the entire year.
- Aero Expo 2013: 10ª AeroExpo, 18 – 20 April, 2013. To be held in Toluca International Airport.
- Engine Forum Sonora: Mexico’s first international business to business forum exclusively dedicated to aero-engines, turbines and other propulsion and power generation equipment. May 14-15, 2013
- Expo CIAM: Mexico´s most important Aviation Trade Show! June 7th - 9th, 2013. Cancun, Mexico
- Expo Manufactura: To be held in Cintermex, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. 5-7 Feb 2013.
- FEMIA: Federación Mexicana de la Industria Aeroespacial, website where you can find all the events related to the Aerospace Industry!
- IAASS 6to Conference: “Safety is not an option”. Conference to be held in Montreal, organized by NPoC Carmen Felix.
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Mexico
- Agencia Espacial Mexicana: The official website of the Mexican Space Agency
- SOMECYTA Sociedad Mexicana de Ciencia y Tecnología Aeroespacial: Created in 2011, SOMECYTA is a group of professional people who wants to share science, engineering and aerospace technology in Mexico through symposiums and congresses.
- Regional Teaching Center of Space Sciences for the Caribbean and Latin America: The center created by the United Nations Organization; teaches courses on: Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems, Satellite Communications, Weather Monitoring, Space and Atmospheric Sciences
- National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics: The INAOE is a Public Investigation Center with high leadership (international level) in the field of scientific research
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Center: According to the Mexican Academy of Sciences this is the center in the country with the most impact in the international scale
- Instituto de Astronomía: The astronomy institute of the National University in Mexico - UNAM
- SATMEX: A telecommunications satellite operator company that provides satellite services in Mexico and the Amciericas
- TELECOMM: A decentralized government agency that forms part of the Public Communications and Transportation sector
- Mexican Federation of the Aerospace Industry: A non-profit organization that represents the aerospace companies in Mexico
- Certification program of Space processes to foster the Integration of the Small-Medium companies in the aerospace sector: A program from the United Nations to foster the aerospace industry in developing nations
- Transportation and Communications Secretariat: Aeronautics The federal institutions that manages the aeronautic sector in Mexico
- Tecnologia Aeroespacial Mexicana: A company that is a developer and provider of hydrogen peroxide rockets and related technologies
- The Large Millimeter Telescope The LMT is a research facility, which symbolizes the intent of both Mexico and the United States to explore at the frontiers of human knowledge
- Astronomy Groups in Mexico Directory A non-official list of astronomy groups spread in the country
- Extra-official list of Mexican Astronomers A non-official list of Mexican astronomers
- Mexican Aerospace Industry - PROMEXICO
- Queretaro Aeronautics University Brand new University that main focus is to form Mexican aerospace professionals with World-class capabilities to foster the national aerospace industry
- National Polytechnic Institute - Aeronautics Engineering Its objective is to form engineers with the fundamental knowledge in the diverse disciplines of aeronautics
- Universidad de Nuevo León Aeronautics Engineering located in Northern Mexico
- Remote Sensing and Space Communications Scholarships at the Regional Teaching Center of Space Sciences for the Caribbean and Latin America and Secretary of Foreign Affairs Scholarships (CRECTEACT) has partnered with the Secretary of Foreign Affairs to sponsor scholarships for Mexican and foreign students on both courses