Apply Today to Be a Web Editor
16 June, 2015
SGAC has opened applications for an important and integral role within the organisation: Web Editor. This volunteer position offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences.
Deadline for Applications: 5 July, 2015
Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world;
- having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world;
- being recognised internationally as part of the organisation's leadership on the SGAC Team webpage;
- being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation;
- building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career.
For position description and instructions on how to apply, please see below. All applications are due by 5 July 2015, so do not delay in applying!
The Web Editor will be part of SGAC's Web Team, working under the supervision of the Executive Director. There are one or two webeditor positions currently open. The Web Editor will be in charge of the following duties and require the following skills:
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details and formatting.
- Around the clock internet and email access.
- Flexible time planning and ready to be proactively involved.
- Weekly commitment of between 1-2 hours a week on average.
- Basic experience with picture editing software (e.g.,Photoshop), HTML (no coding necessary), web CMS (Content Management Systems ), and Joomla is a plus. You will receive relevant training from our current webteam.
- Good team skills and a high degree of self-organisation.
The typical workload of a webeditor involves daily work, but larger tasks can come up around large SGAC events (e.g., conferences, Space Generation Congress, and the annual website refresh). This role involves working with many of the different SGAC teams, ranging from event organizers to project groups to NPoCs.
How to Apply