SGAC Opens Applications for the 2016 Space Generation Fusion Forum Organising Staff
21 October, 2015
SGAC is looking for a team of motivated and ambitious individuals to organise SGFF 2016! This will be the Fusion Forum's fifth year running, so if you've always thought about being part of the team, this is the year!
Deadline for applications: 8 November, 2015
A Forum of this calibre takes the dedication of select volunteers. Benefits for all of the positions include developing invaluable project management and leadership experience, working with an international team, and free SGFF and Space Symposium registration fees. All positions are volunteer positions and are open to everybody in the SGAC network. For the descriptions of the positions please see below.
Descriptions of the roles
Logistics Coordinators (2 positions)
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the efforts of the Colorado Springs-based Venues, Social, Logistics and Accommodation roles.
- Liaising with other section coordinators as well as Space Symposium (NSS) local organising committee members
- Coordinating extensively operations during the Forum
- This role requires somebody who is highly organised, responsible, and responsive, as well as somebody with strong project management skills; this role reports to the Executive Office and Fusion Forum Manager.
Programme Coordinators (4 positions)
This role develops and manages the three main topics of the SGFF Panels.
- Finding individual panelists and moderators and coordinating with them for each panel
- Working in consultation with the Fusion Forum Manager and the project sponsors on developing the three SGFF Panels
- Working with Delegate Coordinators to select the panelists and prepare them before the Fusion Forum for the panels
- Following up with and supporting panelists regarding SGFF final report including coordinating and some report editing
- This role reports to the Fusion Forum Manager
Delegate Coordinators (2 positions)
This role works with the attendees through all of the stages: applications, delegate selection, delegate coordinating and informing prior to Fusion Forum, and delegate payment.
- Coordinating all contact with delegates, potential and actual
- Supporting the selection of delegates
- Creating, in liaison with other section heads, the Delegate Handbook with all information regarding the Fusion Forum
- Acting as single point of contact for delegates on issues/questions
- The roles report to the Fusion Forum Manager
Communications Coordinators (2 positions)
This role requires managing the Congress public relations and advertising internationally and in USA while working very closely with the SGAC PR and Communication Team.
- Coordinating media relations and advertising before, during, and after the Forum
- Writing press releases
- Liaising with Space Symposium and other organisations on promotion
- Developing brochures and potential sponsor packs for SGFF
- Ensure a smooth video recording and photographing of the Forum
- Creation/edition of a summary video in a very short time
- This role reports to the Fusion Forum Manager and the SGAC PR and Communications Lead
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- CV with date of birth
- One-page Letter of Intent indicating your role(s) of interest
- Head shot photo
Only complete applications submitted by the due date will be considered.
Space Generation Fusion Forum
The Space Generation Advisory Council presents the fifth edition of the Space Generation Fusion Forum – a US space event highlighting international thinking geared towards university students and young professionals. This event, held in conjunction with the National Space Symposium, aims to gather a selected group of up to 50 top young adults from various areas of space – government, industry, and academia. These intense, interactive panel discussions moderated by today's international space sector leaders will gather the perspectives of tomorrow's space leaders on today's key space issues. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet many high-level international space leaders through networking events and experience the opening of the 32nd Annual Space Symposium. We look forward to seeing you at the fifth Space Generation Fusion Forum!