|Regional Coordinators||National Points of Contact|
Apr 2013-Jan 2017
Feb 2017-Feb 2019
Oct 2013-Oct 2017
|Behnam Salem Condory
Mar 2016-Mar 2018
Welcome to SGAC Iran!
Iran as one of the main and absolute powers of Middle East region in Space Science and Aerospace, plays an important role in development of space arena. Recently, Iran has unveiled the domestically-designed Nahid-1 (Venus) telecommunication satellite that has been manufactured at Iran’s Space Research Center within which the country has sought to hone its capabilities in building geosynchronous satellites. Among other achievements were the surveillance-imaging AUTSAT-1 satellite, designed and built by Iran’s Amirkabir University of Technology and Saman-1 Orbital Maneuver System, which can be used to change satellite orbit.
Most importantly, for 2017, Iran has planned to launch 4-5 indigenously built satellites. The Amir Kabir-1 (also known as AUTSAT-1) will be a remote sensing satellite and is designed to provide post-disaster surveillance and agricultural applications. Moreover, the Zafar satellite is also supposed to be used for remote sensing and is designed to provide meteorological and water boundary mapping data. In addition, Doosti satellite, another remote sensing satellite, is being developed by the Remote Sensing Laboratory of the Iranian Space Agency. All of these satellites are planned to be launched by either Iran’s Simorgh or Safir space launch vehicles.
Many youths hold programs to support public awareness and organizations like Iranian Space Agency (ISA) and Astronautics Research Institute (ARI) make noticeable efforts in professional aspect. “Iran is in scientific huge leap ahead!” so we need new generation’s energy, enthusiasm, creativity and activity as young future leaders. Here’s the place you can JOIN US!
Young Space Activities Overview in Iran
Spreading the activities, competitions and SGAC news in magazines, newspapers and news agencies in Iran.
Mr. Behnam Salem and Mr. Mohammadreza Rezaei (NPoC of Iran) wrote several columns in different newspapers and journals to introduce SGAC and its working groups.
Mr. Behnam Salem gave a lecture in the workshop on space law, “Space Law: promoting and capacity Building” and introduced SGAC to the Participants– University of Tehran – Space week program.
Mr. Behnam Salem Gave Lecture in the workshop on New Issues on Space Policy and Security, “New challenges on Space Exploitation” and introduced the SGAC to the Participants.
Mr. Mohammadreza Rezaei had a webinar presentation about “Apollo Space Program” in July 2016.
Mr. Mohammadreza Rezaei wrote 4 articles about world space week and remote sensing in “Jam-e-Jam” newspaper, “Daneshmand” magazine, “Elmna” news agency and “Nojum” magazine.
NPoCs took part in many Seminars and Conferences in Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz and other cities to introduce SGAC and motivated young professionals and students to cooperate with SGAC.
Wide selection of the "Huma" name in the "Name an Asteroid Campaign” in Iranian press. The news on was reported in television and more than 60 newspapers.
Country-Specific Events in 2017
Figure 1: Alexander Alexandrov in Isfahan
Figure 2: The launcher before launch, in Semnan space station
Figure 3: Mockup of the first Iranian manned spacecraft
The most important events that Iranian space society will experience in 2017 and Iran-NPoC’s are planned to be part of these events and make contribution in some of them:
• Hold a National Conference on Space Law, Policies and Strategies in fall 2017 in cooperation with 5 top-rated universities of Iran and Iranian Space Agency which would be an initial step to hold an International Conference on the same topic in Iran.
• Hold annual National Students Cansat Competition, April 2017.
• Fundraising for Manfred Lachs Moot Court Competition 2017 in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ International Relations Faculty to facilitate understanding of space law for Iranian college-bound students and empower them to make more contribution in international arena.
• Hold annual SGx-Iran in cooperation with Space Generation Advisory Council and one of main Iranian Space related entities in summer 2017 believing that we should try to stablish a long-lasting, annual creative program. This event would be mainly organised and contributed by the young generation and financed by Iranian space Agency and some other financial sources.
• As announced earlier this year, Iran is managed to Launch sounding rockets or satellites from Iran, NAHID, AMIR-KABIR/AUTSAT, DUSTI and ZAFAR in 2017
• Participate as NPoC to spread the word about SGAC in two Yuri’s night, World Space Week programs, National Space Day events, and Astronomy Day festivals throughout 2017.
Yuri’s Night & Astronomy Day:
In Tehran, Isfahan, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Tabriz, Shiraz and 26 other cities in Iran, the Yuri’s Night and Astronomy Day was celebrated by different astronomy councils. Groups, educated people about Yuri’s first flight and had some programs such as showing and analyzing space movies, observing the night sky, astronomy exhibitions, and kid’s booth. Also some TV programs have shown and many special papers have published in Astronomy Day
World Space Week programs:
During the World Space Week there has been around fifty different events throughout Iran, mostly focused on Remote Sensing technologies, which can be categorized in different subjects, including-
Astronomy, discovery and space voyages;
Space application for better life and protect environment;
Space Law and Policy;
Telecommunication and Location-based Services;
List of Aerospace Faculties in Iran
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Sharif Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Amir-kabir technical university (Tehran Polytechnic University)
Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Khaje-nasir-toosi Technical University
Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Malek-Ashtar Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran
Aerospace Engineering Group, Tarbiat Modares University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Shahid Beheshti University
Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Shiraz Technical University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Elm-o-San'at University
Astronautics Research Institute
Aerospace Engineering Group, Mashhad Ferdowsi University
Aerospace Engineering Group, Shiraz University
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Iran
- Aerospace Research Center
- Aerospace Research Institute
- Astronautics research Institute
- Iranian Aviation and Space Industries Association
- Iran Astronomy (Nojoom)
- Iranian National Space Administration
- Iranian Space Agency
- Iranian Space Research Center
- Iran Space Club
- Iranian Space Agencies (listing)
- Iran Space Program
- Iran in Space
- Space Science and Technology