1 June 2019
SGAC is seeking volunteers to provide operational support on SGAC Jobs Board
About the SGAC Job Board:
In 2019 SGAC launched its own Jobs Board in order to connect the current and future leaders from throughout the space sector with the space industry. SGAC members, at various stages of their careers and with diverse academic backgrounds, will be given the opportunity to look for external job openings directly on our website. By posting positions to SGAC, not only will the individual positions be featured, but companies’ profiles and information will be made available to our members on the web page and in our newsletters. SGAC represents one of the largest active communities of space professionals and is an essential recruiting location for any space company or organization.
Proceeds from job vacancies providers will go towards the ongoing development of the next generation of the space industry!
About the SGAC Jobs Board Team:
This team will support the SGAC Executive Director in coordinating the management of the SGAC Job Board. The role will also involve engaging with external partners to explore collaboration opportunities. These positions offer challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, and the opportunity to contribute to providing our members with professional development opportunities to advance their careers in space.
Volunteers with web editing skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Volunteers with Human Resources (HR) skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 25 June 2019
Jobs Board Operational Lead (1 position)
The Job Board Operational Lead will work closely with and report to the Jobs Board Manager and the Executive Director.
Activities include the following:
- Take on daily responsibilities, ranging from updating the jobs on our Jobs Board to managing the website to ensure great user experience for the people using the platform.
- Act as an interface between the providers and the users to ensure their satisfaction and a smooth journey in using the platform from start to the end (sending feedback surveys, etc.)
- Management of a future SGAC Job Board including:
- Coordinating with other team members to post the vacancies on the Job Board
- Ensuring smooth and positive functioning of the platform
- Providing assistance and answers to potential questions from the different users
- Providing assistance and answers to potential questions from the different job providers
- Coordinate with SPT and Jobs Board Manager to find industry actors to post job openings on the SGAC Job Board worldwide
- Maintaining a database for all the companies contacted
- Ensure the promotion of the Job Board including:
- Work with the PR&Comm Team to coordinate outreach actions to promote the SGAC Job Board within the industry worldwide (through the SGAC social media platforms, newsletter, mailing lists etc.)
- Ensure the promotion of the SGAC Job Board at SGAC events
- Work with the Web team to ensure the smooth functioning of the Jobs Board Website
This is a volunteer position.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 3 hours a week.
Duration of Term: 2 years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Experience with using WordPress is required
- Excellent English skills with a keen eye for details
- Excellent teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization
- Cross-cultural communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives, and organization
- Familiarity with the different space actors around the world
- Web editor experience is preferred
- HR experience is preferred
Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Meeting and working with the main actors from the space industry around the world (industry, space agencies, academia, government, NGOs etc.)
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
- Contributing to the professional and career development of SGAC members
These are voluntary roles and have no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 June 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
|Applications Open||1 June 2019|
|Applications Close||25 June 2018|
|Review of Applications||1-6 July 2019|
|Online Interviews||7-11 July 2019|
|Announcement of Outcome||16 July 2019|