SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join our team as HR Coordinator. The HR Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the three sections of SGAC Human Resources: Recruitment, Onboarding and Membership Management. The HR Coordinator will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on SGAC activities. This position offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences. Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation!
Deadline for applications: 25 August 2019
The HR Coordinator duties are as follows:
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of
- the Recruitment Team, by working directly with the Recruitment Manager;
- the Onboarding Team, by working directly with the Onboarding Manager;
- the Membership Management Team, by working directly with the Membership Manager; and
- the Web Team Liaison.
- Be responsible for general SGAC recruitment and on-boarding processes, ensuring transparency and accurate record.
- Work to identify and provide new and existing opportunities for professional development for team members.
- Convene and serves as a member on investigative committees if appointed by the EC
- Acting as an advisor of SGAC policies as the relate to HR issues.
- Coordinate and lead Action Teams related to improve the HR practice (e.g. Code of Conduct, Harassment Policy, etc.).
- Be part of SGAC Anti-Harassment Committee
- Provide Regular reports to the Executive Committee
The HR Coordinator will sit on the SGAC Executive Committee (as an appointed member). S/he will report directly to the SGAC Executive Director.
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 year, with the possibility of renewal for additional 2 consecutive years.
Estimated time commitment: On average 5-7 hours per week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of appointment
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization
- Cross-cultural communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives and organization
- Prior experience with human resources management and task scheduling is preferred
- Experiences with Recruitment Strategies / Standard Operations” is a plus
- Experience with SGAC (as a team member) is preferred
Be a part of leading and shaping the organization! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Possibility of being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25 August 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Application Open||1 August 2019|
|Application Close||25 August 2019|
|Review of Applications||25 August – 3 September 2019|
|Interview of selected applicants||3 – 15 September 2019|
|Announcement of Results||25 September 2019|