1 December 2018,
SGAC is in the process of planning the organization of the second SGAC : Through the Generations Event in Paris. Held on 25 March 2019, just before the IAF Spring Meeting, this event brings together SGAC members and alumni to learn from each other, and talk about the future of space activities and SGAC.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help support this event. If you are an SGAC member who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in organizing an event, this might be the role for you!
Deadline for applications: 25 December 2018
We are seeking up to 5 volunteers to help in organizing the event. Tasks will be distributed within the team based on the skills and interests of the volunteers, but will generally include:
- Program Development: Interacting with the speakers and other contributors to finalize program
- PR and Communications: Preparing social media posts and a communication plan, coordinating on-site interviews with SGAC members and alumni
- Logistics: Preparations regarding printing, catering and venue
- Delegate relations: Coordinate registration activities and communicate with registered delegates to resolve any issues they might be facing
- Sponsorships and partnerships: Bring on-board organizations interested in supporting the event
- Closing activities of the event: A closing video, documentation of photos, distribution of all presentations, and preparation of an event report
The volunteers will be working together and with the SGAC alumni lead. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
We are looking for volunteers both from France and any other part of the world. Preference will be given to volunteers who can be in Paris for the SGAC event. Selected volunteers might be given an opportunity to join the IAF Spring Meeting in Paris as well.
Estimated time commitment: Estimated at an average 5 hours a week. Workload will be higher closer to the event.
Duration of term: End of April 2019. (While the event will end in March, we expect the closing activities to continue into April.)
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
- Ability to attend the event on-site
- Past experience with organizing events
- Experience with graphic and video editing software
- Experience with marketing and social media
- Experience in customer service roles
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organisation that empowers students and young professionals to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry.
Be a part of leading and shaping our organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world, and with past generations of SGAC members
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Being recognised internationally as part of the organisation’s leadership on the SGAC Team web-page
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- SGAC team members receive discounts on SGAC events, and also receive consideration for SGAC Space Generation Leadership Awards and Global Grants Program
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 December 2018 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
|Application Open||1 December 2018|
|Application Close||25 December 2018|
|Review of Applications||25-31 December 2018|
|Interview of selected applicants||1-10 January 2018|
|Announcement of Results||25 January 2018|