SGAC plans to host its 5th Asia-Pacific Space Generation Workshop (AP-SGW 2018) this November in Singapore. SGAC’s first regional event inaugurated in 2014, AP-SGW now follows a 10-year ‘Roadmap’ which is underway after 4 consecutive successful AP-SGWs.
We are looking for two qualified young space leaders to join as the Event Managers for this event.
Deadline for Application: 25 February 2018
AP-SGW is a two and half day event which brings together students and young professionals mainly from Asia-Pacific to discuss and promote future space collaboration in the region. The workshop consists of plenary and panel session, working group and speed mentoring discussion as well as cultural exchange events. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts in the academia and industry and leaders from regional space agencies.
For and overview of last year’s event, please refer to this archival page.
- Lead the recruitment of the organizing team for the event
- Coordinate and supervise the organizing team for the event
- Develop the overall work plan and event schedule
- Plan the strategic development of the AP-SGW series
- Ensure the event quality and structure is in line with the SGAC guidelines
- Attend the monthly regional event manager’s meeting
- Liaise with 25th APRSAF where needed to make sure all efforts are coordinated
- Present the result of the workshop at the 25th APRSAF
- Produce an official event report after the workshop
The AP-SGW Managers will report to the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator, and will receive advice from the SGAC Asia Pacific Regional Coordinators. This is a volunteer position, with a one year appointment.
Estimated time commitment: 8 hours per week
- Membership in SGAC (registered on the SGAC website, and under the age of 35 for the duration of the appointment)
- Quick email response time
- Experience with project management and task scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Must be able to attend the workshop in person
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either teams or attending an SGAC event) is a plus.
As the AP-SGW Manager, you will have the opportunity to network with industry professionals, academics, and upcoming leaders. The successful applicant will enhance his/her leadership and management skills, and work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC scholarships and awards. They also receive discounts for attending SGAC events.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with subject heading [LAST NAME, AP-SGW 2018 EVENT MANAGER] with the following documents:
- Resume (with headshot and date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
- List of 3 past experiences (including a short description) that you feel have prepared you for this position
- A 1-page plan for organising the event with SMART goals
All applications must be emailed to:
- Zihua Zhu (Asia Pacific regional Coordinator):[email protected]
- Shashank Khunara (Asia Pacific regional Coordinator): [email protected]
- Caroline Thro (Regional Events Coordinator): [email protected]
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications Open||1 February 2018|
|Application Close||25 February 2018|
|Review of Applications
|25 February – 10 March 2018|
|Invitation to Interview||3 – 15 March 2018|
|Announcement of Outcome||25 March 2018|