1 September 2017
SGAC is looking for a motivated, self-driven publications editor who executes vision with excellence and professionalism in a global context. This position offers challenging, rewarding and professional skill-building experience, and is a great opportunity to work on products with high visibility across the SGAC network, partners and supporters.
Deadline for Applications: 1 October 2017
The Newsletter editor will work under the guidance of the SGAC PR and Communications Coordinators and focus on:
- SGAC Newsletter Design and Editing
Coordinate with the SGAC Executive Committee to request, receive and edit news, events, opportunities pertinent to SGAC activities. Maintain and/or graphically edit SGAC newsletter and related documents
Coordinate with SGAC Strategic Partnerships Team to incorporate relevant information relative to SGAC partners and supporters
Maintain consistent, high quality layout and design language across in accordance with the SGAC official branding
Work with graphics editors to ensure professional quality product
- Publications Liaison
Liaise between publication outlets and SGAC members to ensure content is applicable and appropriate for publication meeting all guidelines and promotes SGAC in a professional manner.
Distribute the newsletter in a timely and orderly fashion to SGAC members, partners and supporters. Various audiences may require tailored products for various audiences
Distribute news about SGAC activities to different partner organisations of SGAC
Answering emails in a timely fashion from the Event Manager and SGAC PR and Communications Coordinators
Assist with design and development of other SGAC related material, as appropriate
Recruit other graphics editors to assist with graphic design, as appropriate
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 33 years of age at the time of appointment
- Driven and motivated for excellence to illustrate the best of SGAC to a global professional audience in written format.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate in an international team as this position requires working with every region in the world.
- Excellent English skills, good computer skills, and speedy email response time.
- A keen interest in and drive to learn publishing software
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications or similar/related software
- Some skills in the use of editing and/or graphic design software are preferable. These may include one or more of, but are not limited to Adobe CC (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or similar
- Experience with distribution tools such as google groups, and mailchimp are a plus
- Previous experience with developing organisational newsletters is a plus
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
Being recognised internationally as part of the organisation's leadership on the SGAC Team webpage
Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
SGAC team members receive discounts on SGAC events, and also receive consideration for SGAC Space Generation Leadership Awards and Global Grants Program
How to Apply
To apply please send an email with subject heading: [LAST NAME – SGAC Newsletter Editor] with the following:
- Resume (with headshot photo, date of birth, nationality, and country of residence) (limit 2 pages)
Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability and motivation for the role (limit 1 page)
Examples of 3 previous experiences that have prepared you for this role
Optional: A sample of your work/portfolio
All applications must be submitted to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته..
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
Applications Open: 1 September 2017
Applications Close: 1 October 2017
Review of Applications: 1 October 2017
Online interviews with selected aplicants: 1-10 October 2017
Announcement of Successful applicant: Week of 20 October 2017