SGAC is looking for motivated and committed volunteers to bring their expertise and knowledge to the organisation of the 9th Asia Pacific Space Generation Workshop (AP-SGW) which is to be held in Bangalore, India tentatively during 18 and 19 February 2023.
In some cases, considering the situation with COVID-19, an online version might replace it for public health and safety.
Deadline for Applications: 25 October 2022
Logistics Team (5 positions)
This team will support the organization of the logistics aspects of the Workshop: Event Venue, Gathering, Social Event Program, Closing Dinner, etc. This team will create the estimated budgets for the event venues with the Financial Manager and Event Manager.
- Liaising with responsible persons for room booking and set-up for the Workshop
- Organizing the gathering for the days of the Workshop
- Finding hotels and travel information for the guest speakers
- Good verbal communication in English and Kannada.
- Work with the venue to co-ordinate and organize protocols of functioning.
Desired skills (although not required):
- Experience in managing social events
Estimated time commitment: 3-5 hours a week on average
Location Preference: Must be residing in Bangalore, India until the AP-SGW is completed.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 October 2022 at 11:59 GMT with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent describing why you want to work in this position (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Description of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page, separate and complementary to the Letter of Intent)
|Applications Open:||5 October 2022|
|Applications Close:||25 October 2022|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the months of October and November.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of November/beginning of December.