SGAC calls volunteers from the Houston region!
Join the 3rd North, Central America and the Caribbean Space Generation Workshop Organising Team (NCAC-SGW)
SGAC is looking for motivated and committed volunteers to bring their expertise and knowledge to the organisation of the 3rd edition of the North, Central America and the Caribbean Space Generation Workshop (NCAC-SGW) which will take place in the first quarter of 2022, in Houston, Texas, USA.
The two-day regional workshop will bring together students, young professionals and industry representatives to engage and nurture the next generation’s perspective on space and scientific matters in the North, Central American and the Caribbean region. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts from academia, businesses and space agencies through plenary and panel sessions, keynotes and working group discussions.
For the planning of this international event, we are looking for qualified and young space enthusiasts to join the organising team.
Deadline for Applications: 25 October, 2021.
Local Organising Committee (LoC) (2 Positions)
The LoC will consist of several local volunteers (from Houston). Members of the team will support the programme, delegate operations and logistical arrangements for the event (venue, catering, transport, hotels, etc.).
- Planning milestones and work such that the event can occur with correct scope, cost and Organising social events (dinners, closing dinner, visits, etc.).
- Finding hotel travel information for the guest speakers.
- Utilize local know-how and language in supporting the overarching NCAC-SGW team.
- Interact with local supporters and partners for involvement in the programme (seek local sponsors and delegates).
- Assisting with the local venue organisation and cultural information/functions (dinners, visits, etc.) for the Delegate Handbook.
- Work closely with the Communications Team for the promotion of the Workshop.
- Supporting potential accommodation options.
Estimated time commitment: 3-5 hours a week on average.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age.
- Being of one nationality of one of the countries from the NCAC region or being a resident of one of the countries from the NCAC region.
- Residency in Houston, Texas for LoC positions
- Interest in the space and science sector.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details.
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organisation.
- Cross cultural and communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop highly desirable leadership skills.
- Opportunity to work with SGAC’s global sponsors and international space partners.
- Opportunity to receive discounts to attend SGAC events as SGAC team member.
- Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to enhance their management and team work skills through working with an international, interdisciplinary, and intercultural team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25th of October 2021 with the following documents as attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 2 pages) with Date of Birth, Citizenship and Current Residence.
- Headshot photo.
- A letter of Intent detailing your suitability for your preferred role (limit 1 page).
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Application Open:||22 September 2021|
|Application Close:||25 October 2021|
|Review of Applications:||25 – 31 October 2021|
|Announcement of Results:||5 November 2021|