After the success of the first two editions, SGAC is beginning the preparations for the Italian Space Startup Competition (ISSC) 2021, to be held in Milan next 20-21 November 2021. In preparation, SGAC is seeking qualified volunteers interested in joining the ISSC 2021 Organising Team.
The ISSC is a start-up competition focused on space related ideas. ISSC aims at promoting the interest of the young generation in space business and bringing forth the next generation of entrepreneurs. ISSC encourages knowledge sharing and fosters innovation, also aiming at providing participants with the necessary backdrop to network, learn and shape the future. The event is dedicated – but not limited – to new-graduates, students and young professionals who are interested in working in the space sector and are willing to take on a challenge in a business context. This year, the event will be organized with SDA Bocconi – SEE Lab.
Deadline for Applications: 25 March 2021
We are looking for:
Event Manager, who will be responsible for managing the Organising Team and for continuously collaborating and coordinating with SGAC and SDA Bocconi.
The ideal candidate is a SGAC member who lives preferably in Milan, has previous experience within SGAC and with event organisation and/or with startups.
Logistics Coordinator, who will manage the logistics and deal with behind-the-scenes coordination to ensure a successful ISSC 2021. Physical location in Milan is considered an asset for the role.
Programme Coordinator, who will be responsible for developing the content of ISSC. This includes coordinating with ISSC Sponsors, Partners and Speakers.
Delegate Coordinator, who will work with the ISSC delegates throughout all the stages of ISSC 2021, including: application, delegate registration, delegate coordination and delegate feedback. In addition, the role requires a quick response rate.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent written English. The knowledge of the Italian language is mandatory
- Speedy email response time
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequaled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- Special opportunities to contribute to SGAC’s briefings to the United Nations and other industry, agency, and academic organisations in the international space sector
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead large teams and head important projects
- Interaction with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Access to relevant space policy materials, documents, magazines, etc.
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 March 2021 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role
|Applications Open:||1 March 2021|
|Application Close:||25 March 2021|
|Review of applications:||25 March 2021 – 7 April 2021|
|Interviews of selected applicants:||8 – 15 April 2021|
|Announcement of Results:||1 May 2021|