Based on the success of the 1st African Space Generation Workshop (AF-SGW), SGAC will organise the 2nd African Space Generation Workshop in 2018.
We are looking for the perfect place for this event.
Deadline for Application: 15 January 2018
Preparing Your Bid
The call is open to SGAC members in the Africa Region; however, bids from Nigeria will not be considered, as this country has already hosted a major SGAC regional event in the past 3 years.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 2nd African Space Generation workshop. Please provide information about the following items in your proposal:
- Suggested date
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation,…)
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) and headshot photo of the proposed Event Manager and Deputy Event Manager.
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support for the event from local organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event being held in conjunction with a major (space) event/conference/congress/program
- Suggested program for the workshop
- Suggested team structure and general timeline of activities
Please note that:
- The bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If you wish to propose the event, please reach out to your National Points of Contact to prepare the proposal.
- The maximum length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendices like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager do not count towards this page limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a MUST.
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-34 and registered on the SGAC website).
- The AF-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and will be advised by the SGAC Regional Coordinators for Africa.
- This is a volunteer position.
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members.
Submitting your Proposal
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME, 2nd AFSGW], together with your bid to the African Regional Coordinators and the Regional Events Coordinator
Oniosun Temidayo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beza Tesfaye (email@example.com )
Caroline Thro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications open 5 December 2017
Applications close 15 January 2018
Review of bids and interviews 16 January – 31 January 2018
Announcement of results 15 February 2018