In partnership with Future Space Leaders Foundation (FSLF) and SATELLITE 2019, SGAC will host its 4th annual SGx conference on May 6th, 2019. SGx is a one-day event which will bring together students, young professionals, experts in the industry and government leaders to discuss pressing issues and innovative ideas in a brand new way. SGAC is looking for a qualified young space leader to join as the event’s Deputy Manager.
Deadline for Application:
25 September 2018 EXTENDED TO 25 OCTOBER, 2018
- Assist in the recruitment and coordination of the SGx organizing team
- Co-develop the overall work plan and event schedule with the SGx manager
- Plan the development of the SGx series
- Ensure the event quality and structure is in line with the SGAC guidelines
- Attend the monthly Executive Council Meetings, Strategic Partnership Team meetings, and any other meetings as required
- Liaise with Satellite 2019 and FSLF where needed to make sure all efforts are coordinated
The SGx Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Executive Director and SGx Manager. This is a volunteer position. Upon successful performance, the Deputy Manager will be promoted to SGx Manager for SGx 2020.
Estimated time commitment: 8 hours per week
Duration of the term: Two years (one as deputy and one as manager)
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website, citizenship of a United Nations Member State and below 33.5 years of age
- Quick email response time
- Experience with project management and task scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either teams or attending an SGAC event) is a plus. Familiarity with the Satellite Conference and the US space sector is a plus.
SGAC will cover the registration costs of the applicant for Satellite 2019. In addition, the accommodation costs of the SGx Deputy Manager for the duration of SGx and Satellite 2019 will be reimbursed.
As the SGx Deputy Manager, you will have the opportunity to network with industry professionals, academics, and upcoming leaders. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance his/her leadership and management skills, and work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 October 2018 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered
Applications open: 1 September 2018
Applications close: 25 October 2018
Review of application: 5-10 November 2018
Online interviews: 10-15 November 2018
Announcement of results: 25 November 2018