18 May 2017
The Space Generation Advisory Council is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Mars Society Hellas (ARES).
SGAC and ARES have common interests in promoting space activities and strengthening the space sector's workforce through career development, education and outreach. The agreed activities include organizing outreach and awareness programs, by creating a "web presence" for each other on their respective websites.
The Mars Society Hellas is the Official Hellenic Chapter of The Mars Society. Its aims & constitution pillars are:
- Bring together people with an interest in the planet Mars;
- Establish and co-operate in projects relating to Mars exploration;
- Promote awareness of The Mars Society principles;
- Engagement of academic and/or research organizations and institutions with The Mars Society Hellas;
- Align with The Mars Society’s Founding Declaration.
SGAC looks forward to collaborating further with ARES in 2017, particularly through the SGAC Space Exploration Project Group and SGAC local activities in Greece.