SGAC is looking for a professionally qualified young space leader to join the SGAC Finance Team as Event Finance Manager to be in charge of event finance within SGAC. This role works closely with the Event Teams to manage finance training, budgeting, and standardization to facilitate high-quality events throughout SGAC.
Deadline for applications: 25 May 2019
The Event Finance Manager is a key role within the SGAC Finance Team reporting to the Treasurer. The aim of this role is to oversee the logistics and overall management of the event manager finance training programs, budgeting, and standardization of these processes. This role includes overseeing the development of standardized budget and accounting forms, training methods such as webinar and video tutorials, and ensuring a successful budgeting process for SGAC’s Events, in particular regional and local level events.
The Event Finance Manager is responsible for:
- Working closely with Event Teams to meet finance targets for SGAC events;
- Creating standardized budget, invoicing forms, and other financial templates;
- Creating video tutorials as well as hosting webinars and one-on-one training for event managers in finance and budgeting using the above templates;
- Management of the budget document standardization, event finance training program preparation, scheduling, contact with SGAC event managers, etc;
- Assistance in the coordination of SGAC budgeting activities and creation of financial targets that meet the broader organisational finance and strategy goals
Estimated time commitment: 5 hours a week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector
- Teamwork capacity and proven leadership skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and google apps
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English;
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- A background in creating budgets, standardized templates, and customized training programs is desirable
- Previous event management experience is a plus
- Experience with Xero, Google Scripts, and expertise in spreadsheet functions is a plus.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
As part of the Finance Team, you will have the opportunity to network with space industry professionals, academics, and organisations. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance his/her leadership, business development and management skills, and grow his/her skill sets to work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 May 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
|Applications open||1 May|
|Applications close||25 May|
|Review of Applications||25 May|
|Online Interviews for Select Pool of Applicants||25 May – 30 May|
|Announcement of Successful Applicant||1 June|