SGAC is seeking one enthusiastic volunteer to join our Human Resource Team! This position will support the Human Resource Team in coordinating the recruitment of new SGAC members from their pre-selection to their onboarding within the SGAC team. This position offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, and the opportunity to help us shape recruitment and professional development activities for the organization. Volunteers with web editor or HR experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: Extended 25 April 2022
We are looking for applicants for the following functions:
Responsibilities (1 position)
The HR Team Member’s (Recruitment) duties are to assist the HR Coordinator with the following:
- Posting the vacancy notices on the SGAC website
- Coordinating with the PR & Communication Team for the promotion of the vacancy notices
- Reception and processing of vacancy applications
- Organization of interview sessions with pre-selected candidates
- Onboarding of successful candidates with the support of the Executive Secretaries and the Onboarding Leads
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary, including supporting professional development activities and team member feedback surveys
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal for additional 2 consecutive years. This is a very high paced role and really rewarding.
Estimated time commitment: On average 9-10 hours per week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization
- Cross-cultural communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives and structure
- Experience with Website Management on WordPress is a plus
- Experience with MailChimp is a plus
- Prior experience with Human Resources management and task scheduling is preferred
Be a part of leading and shaping the organization! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organization
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25 April 2022 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
For any questions, feel free to write to the recruitment team at [email protected]
|Applications Open:||1 March 2022|
|Applications Close:||Extended 25 April 2022|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of March and April.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of April, beginning of May.