SGAC has opened applications for an important and integral role within the organisation: Jobs Board Web Editing Lead. This volunteer position offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences.
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2019 – Deadline Extended
The Space Generation Advisory Council is a global non-governmental, non-profit organisation and network which aims to represent university students and young space professionals across the world to the United Nations, space agencies, industry, and academia. The global nature of the SGAC Jobs Board means that we depend heavily on our web infrastructure. As Web Editing Lead on our Jobs Board Team, you will help develop and maintain this important network behind our organisation.
The Jobs Board Web Editing Lead will be part of SGAC’s Jobs Board Team, working under the supervision of the the SGAC Executive Director and Jobs Board Manager. The responsibilities of the Web Editing Lead would include a variety of development and maintenance tasks throughout our web infrastructure, including:
- Working on and maintaining the newly created Jobs Board Website
- Perform regular updates of the graphics on the Jobs Board Website
- Troubleshoot issues on the website
- Work with all the other members of the Jobs Board team to support their events, projects or goals through our website and web applications
- Assist in the development of new capabilities on our website, including being part of our current project to refresh our website.
The Jobs Board Web Editing Lead will be currently the single point of contact for the crucial work involving the Jobs Board website. As the web team grows, his/her responsibilities would include coordinating the task among the other team members, apart from the day to day activities.
Estimated time commitment: 3 – 5 hours a week on average
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 33.5 years of age at the time of appointment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details and formatting
- Around-the-clock internet and email access
- Basic experience with picture editing software (e.g.,Photoshop), web CMS (Content Management Systems) specially wordpress, web applications (e.g. GApps), and other programing exposure is an advantage.
- Ample time to deliver on allocated tasks, Flexible time planning and ready to be proactively involved
- Good team skills and a high degree of self-organisation
- Cross Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world;
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world;
- Being recognized internationally for being a part of the global SGAC Jobs Board project
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation;
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career.
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by October 15 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent detailing your suitability for the role using three examples of past experiences (limit 1-2 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for Applications
|Application Open||5th September 2019|
|Application Close||15th October 2019 – Deadline Extended|
|Review of Applications||15th October– 20th October 2019|
|Interview of selected applicants||20th -30th October 2019|
|Announcement of Results||1st November 2019|