SGAC is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated volunteer to join the North America, Central America, and the Caribbean (NCAC) Regional Team as Regional Executive Secretary.
If you are an SGAC member from the NCAC region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for Applications: Extended 15 May, 2022
The Regional Executive Secretary is part of the NCAC Regional Team and works under the supervision and in close collaboration with the Regional Coordinators.
The Regional Executive Secretary tasks include:
- Administration/moderation of SGAC Regional NPoCs mailing lists
- Maintenance of the SGAC Regional NPoC database
- Manages and support SGAC country website pages updates on a quarterly basis (in collaboration with the global Web Team)
- Create collaboration certificates to acknowledge the work of NPoCs
- Preparations for Regional Quarterly Meetings with NPoCs (preparation of agenda, change request documents, …)
- Documenting regional meetings (taking notes and preparing the minutes of meeting when necessary)
- Responding to email requests by NPoCs
- Keep track of annual work plans and end-of-year reviews
- Assisting the Regional Coordinators with miscellaneous operational needs
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 years with the possibility of renewal for an additional 2 consecutive years.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-4 hours a week.
Duration of Term: Two Years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequalled leadership opportunity and chance to to interact with a global team
- Special opportunities to contribute to SGAC’s briefings to the United Nations and other industry, agency, and academic organisations in the international space sector
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Access to relevant space policy materials, documents, magazines, etc.
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 15 May, 2022 (23:59 GMT) with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
|Applications Open:||15 March 2022|
|Application Close:||Extended 15 May 2022|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of May and June.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of June.