The SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join the newly formed Africa Regional Team as Regional Partnerships Manager.
If you are an SGAC member from the African region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for applications: 31 August, 2022
The Regional Partnerships Manager will work closely with the current Strategic Partnerships team (SPT), and report to the Regional Coordinators.
Activities include the following:
- Look for regional sponsors, new partners, fundraising efforts
- Find partners to fund more scholarships for SGAC members in the region
- Coordinate with SPT for global initiatives relevant to the region
This is a volunteer position.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 3 hours a week.
Duration of Term: 2 years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organization that empowers its student and young professional members to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry.
Be a part of leading and shaping our organization! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Being recognised internationally as part of the organization’s leadership on the SGAC Team webpage
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- SGAC team members receive discounts on SGAC events, and also receive consideration for SGAC
- Space Generation Leadership Awards and Global Grants Program
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 31 August, 2022 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications Open:||1 August 2022|
|Applications Close:||31 August 2022|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the months of September and October.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of October/beginning of November.