As the number of African team members, events, and activities of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) Africa expands, the organisation is seeking a highly motivated volunteer to be the Regional Web Editor!
The Regional Web editor will support SGAC Africa, to develop and maintain SGAC’s web capabilities to help capture, analyse and protect SGAC data across SGAC Africa members and activities, supporting a better visualization of SGAC Africa activities, understanding of SGAC needs and a better decision making.
It is an exciting position that offers many rewarding experiences, being part of a multinational team to address core challenges facing SGAC’s Africa web infrastructure and data management.
The Web editor will directly report to and work with SGAC Regional Coordinators for Africa. With the guidance of the Web data team, the regional Web editor will have the possibility to shape SGAC Africa national webpages and regional webpage, working with SGAC African core team to establish better procedures and practices for the organization, while ensuring the smooth day-to-day web of SGAC.
Deadline for applications: 6 February 2022
- Update the country pages and maintain them
- Support SGAC Africa core team in responding and addressing requests regarding Web issues in a timely manner, accepting tasks and following up on requests
- Suggest initiatives and strategies to improve SGAC Web practices
- Ensure that SGAC maintains compliance with relevant data protection and privacy policies and legislations
- Report monthly to the RCs on your activities
- Coordinate with the Web&Data team to address requests and tasks
Estimated time commitment: 3 hours a week
This is a voluntary role.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and 33 years of age or less at the moment of the application
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience
- Strong Autonomy
- High degree of self-organisation
- Professional fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English
- Cross Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with data management and databases
- Experience with Content Management on WordPress, familiarity with Google Workspace. You will receive additional relevant training from our current Web&Data Team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
These would be a Plus:
- High proficiency with Google Workspace
- Interest in Data and Metrics
- Able to work with Google Analytics
- Server Management or Web Development skills
As Web editor, you will have the opportunity to network with space industry professionals, academics, and organisations. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance his/her leadership, business development and management skills, and grow his/her skill sets to work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Benefits of this position include:
- Hands-on experience to improve your web and data management skills
- Access to opportunities reserved to active volunteers
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world, leveraging SGAC Space Network
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Shaping the strategies, practices and procedures of an international organization
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
These are voluntary roles and have no monetary compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 6 February 2022 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
|Applications Open:||10 January 2022|
|Application Close:||6 February 2022|
|Review of Applications:||10 February 2022|
|Invitation to Interview:||14-20 February 2022|
|Announcement of Outcome:||22 February 2022|