SGAC is looking for a Donations Manager to join the SGAC Finance Team. The Donations Manager will provide strategic and operational directions, lead resource mobilisation efforts, and support the diversification of revenue from institutional sponsors to achieve SGAC’s strategic objectives as a global non-profit organisation focused on the development of the young generation in the space industry.
The Donations Manager will operate as a member of the SGAC Finance Team, providing direct support to strategic growth opportunities as well as helping to strengthen donation and crowdfunding programmes. Together with the SGAC Finance Team, Strategic Partnership Team and PR & Communication Team, he/she acts as focal point for all donations and crowdfunding campaign, donors reporting and donor relationship management. He/she is also in supporting the SGAC Alumni Lead with Alumni-related donations.
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2019 Deadline Extended
- To assist the SGAC Treasurer in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organisational sustainability and revenue diversification from donations, gifts, crowdfunding and other new resources
- Regularly monitor foundation, grants and donor websites and identify and utilize these opportunities where they match the work of the organisation
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organisation and assist the Treasurer in developing business plans to generate income from various sources
- To establish annual strategies to ensure the growth of the SGAC Donations Programmes
- To compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- To maintain pro-active network with main donors, develop efficient relationship with focal points of priority donors
- To identify funding opportunities for existing projects and new projects within SGAC
- To develop continuous Donations Campaigns and manage focal crowdfunding campaigns, and develop strategies to ensure widespread PR promotion for these campaigns.
- Organise or provide assistance in organising any fundraising events for the organization
- Establish means to appropriately recognize individual and institutional donors
This is a new position on the Finance Team that will expand on existing responsibilities held by the Treasurer and other team members. As such, there are substantial flexibility on the structure of this role. Up to 2 people may be selected for this role depending on quality of the applicants.
Estimated time commitment: Approximately 3 to 4 hours on average per week.
Note: this is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in soliciting and managing donation or crowdfunding campaigns or similar work
- Experience with CRM system (ex: Salesforce (front-end), and/or setting KPIs or similar performance metrics for payment processing or customer service teams) is a plus
- Web & Social Media skills are a plus
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organisation that empowers its students and young professional members to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry. As the Donations Manager, you will have direct contact with many top industry leaders, today’s next generation of space industry leaders, and opportunities to expand and learn a valuable set of skills in leadership, communications, and fundraising strategies.
How to Apply:
To apply, please use the link below to submit the following items:
- Resume (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability and motivation for the role (limit 1 page)
- Examples of 3 past experiences relevant to the position and how they have prepared you for this role
Applications must be submitted here: https://spacegeneration.org/vacancy-app-form.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications:
|Applications Open||1 September 2019|
|Applications close||15 October, 2019 23:59 GMT (17:59 MST) – Deadline extended!|
|Review of Applications||15 October – 31 October 2019|
|Online Interviews for Select Pool of Applicants||1 – 15 November 2019|
|Announcement of Successful Applicant||20 November 2019|