SGAC is seeking an ambitious, and highly motivated volunteer to join the Middle East Regional Team as Regional Communications Manager.
If you are an SGAC member from the Middle East region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for Applications:
25 November 2020 Extended 2 December 2020
The Regional Communications Manager will work closely with the current PR & Communications Coordinators, Erin Gibbons and Maggie Handler, and report to the Middle East Regional Coordinators.
- Build targeted social media campaigns for regional events on the relevant Facebook page
- Spearhead content creation for the regional newsletter (responsible for soliciting materials to be published, setting and enforcing deadlines, approving final publications, coordinating frequency of publication, maintaining the SGAC brand during public communications)
- Support RCs in disseminating Regional and Local Newsletters through Mailchimp
- Contribute to the creation, and ensure implementation, of the regional PR and Communications Strategy for the organisation
- Hold coordination meetings with the global PR Team
This is a volunteer position.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-4 hours a week.
Duration of Term: Two Years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (e.g., Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English skills
- Speedy email response time
- Experience/familiarity with your region’s space sector
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequalled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead large teams and head important projects
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by the 2nd of December 2020 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role
|Applications Open||1 November 2020|
|Review of applications||3 – 13 December 2020|
|Interviews of selected applicants||14 – 18 December 2020|
|Announcement of Results||20 December 2020|