SGAC is looking for a new treasurer. This position is a key leadership role within the SGAC, providing assistance, direction, and management of the SGAC treasury team. Applicants will also be considered for roles within the SGAC finance team.
Deadline for applications: 25th of July 2018
The Treasurer reports to the SGAC Chairs and the Executive Committee to provide strategic direction for the organisation, and will be in charge of primary oversight and management of SGAC finances, as well as provide insight into the analysis, structure, and execution of financing initiatives.
- Oversee and support the operations of the finance team including invoicing, payments and accounting, and management of other volunteers
- Oversee and approve expenses and budgets for different activities within the organisation
- Assist with SGAC’s taxation in the United States
- Manage the SGAC bank, paypal and other accounts
- Attend the SGAC Executive Committee, and Advisory Board meetings to provide an update on the financial status of the organization
- Support the Strategic Partnerships Team as needed
- Lead long-term strategic projects for the Finance team (e.g., development of an endowment strategy)
- Prepare the SGAC financial report at the end of the year
- Maintaining and updating the Finance Team documentation
- Preparation of the SGAC budget prior to the start of each year
Time commitment: Estimated 7 hours per week.
Duration of term: 2 years, with the opportunity to renew the term for another 2 years based on performance.
This is a volunteer position.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website, citizenship of a United Nations Member State and below 33.5 years of age
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Experience with managing and leading teams, along with the ability to take initiative and motivate volunteers to contribute to the team
- Proficiency and dedicated track record in financial management; this may include being the Treasurer of a non-profit or society or experience managing finances for a company
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures including balance sheets, Profit & Loss (P&L’s), account reconciliation, and financial reporting
- Working fluency in English is required with an ability to communicate complex concepts with clear terminology and professionalism
- Responsive and quick email turnaround time
- Flexible for regular meeting with the Chairs and the Executive Director (by Skype or GoToMeetings)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with Xero and Salesforce would is a plus
- Knowledge of the US tax system (IRS 990 for 501c3 non-profits) is a plus
- Knowledge of Paypal and online banking systems is a plus
- Opportunity to develop highly desirable skills in multi-currency financial management, budgeting, and US taxation
- Opportunity to work with SGAC’s global sponsors
- Opportunity to work directly with the SGAC Executive Committee and Advisory Board
- Possible consideration for SGAC scholarship programmes
- SGAC team members receive discounts to attend SGAC events
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 July 2018 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications Open||1 July 2018|
|Applications Close||25 July 2018|
|Review of Applications||25 July to 1 August 2018|
|Invitation to Interview||1-25 August 2018|
|Announcement of Outcome||25 August 2018|