SGAC is seeking an ambitious, and highly motivated volunteer to join the Africa Regional Team as Regional Partnerships Manager
If you are an SGAC member from the Africa region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for Applications: 25th of March, 2021
The Regional Communications Manager will work closely with the current Strategic Partnerships team (SPT), and report to the Regional Coordinators.
- Look for regional sponsors, new partners, fundraising efforts
- Find partners to fund more scholarships for SGAC members in the region
- Coordinate with SPT for global initiatives relevant to the region
- Develop and maintain the regional Sponsorships Relationship Management (SRM) tool
This is a volunteer position.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-4 hours a week.
Duration of Term: Two Years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequaled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- Special opportunities to contribute to SGAC’s briefings to the United Nations and other industry, agency, and academic organisations in the international space sector
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead large teams and head important projects
- Interaction with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Access to relevant space policy materials, documents, magazines, etc.
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 March 2021 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role
|Applications Open:||1 March 2021|
|Application Close:||25 March 2021|
|Review of applications:||25 March 2021 – 7 April 2021|
|Interviews of selected applicants:||8 – 15 April 2021|
|Announcement of Results:||1 May 2021|