SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join our Reports Team! Every year SGAC hosts dozens of events, and every year we are required to produce Outcome Reports for the events we host. The new Report Team member will have the responsibility to coordinate with the Reports Team and Event Teams across the globe and, based on notes and content provided by these, produce reports in the most professional, consistent and timely manner possible, and help SGAC members to convey their messages and recommendations worldwide!
SGAC also produces Annual Reports and Financial Reports which contain the achievement of the organisation for the year. It will be the responsibility of the Reports Team to coordinate with the Executive Committee Team and, based on content provided by these, produce reports in the most professional, consistent and timely manner possible, and help SGAC convey its progress!
This position offer challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences. Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation!
Deadline for applications: Extended 15 November 2021
The Editors duties are as follows:
- Report to and ensure regular communication with the SGAC Reports Co-Leads on the SGAC Reports Editors Activities
- Review SGAC’s Reports and document content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Ensure that all SGAC’s reports and documents are following the SGAC Editing Guidelines
- Rewrite, if necessary, content to make it easy for readers to read and understand
- Confirm, that facts are verified using standard reference sources
- Work with content responsibles (Event Managers and EC Teams) to help their messages come across in the best way possible
- Support regular update/improvement of the Editing Guidelines
Estimated time commitment: On average 3 hours per week, with up to 5 hours a week commitment during some parts of the year. Much of the editing work at SGAC happens during the months of October to January, and May to June. As such, availability during these months is critical for this role.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age at the time of appointment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Excellent English skills (speaking, reading, and writing) with a keen eye for details
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives and organization
- Prior experience with editing/proofreading reports
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite applications
Be a part of leading and shaping the organization! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Possibility of being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by November 15 2021 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Application Open:||1 September 2021|
|Application Close:||Extended 15 November 2021|
|Review of Applications:||16 – 25 November 2021|
|Interview of selected applicants:||25 November – 5 December 2021|
|Announcement of Results:||10 December 2021|