SGAC is seeking an ambitious, talented and highly motivated volunteer for the position of SGAC Video Editor. This role within the Public Relations and Communications Team will involve creating and shaping new SGAC audio-visual products in order to inform and attract audiences from the space industry.
Deadline for Applications: 31 October 2019 – Deadline Extended
SGAC has re-opened the application period for this vacancy. If you have already applied for this position, there is no need to submit another application
- Collaborate with the SGAC Public Relations and Communications Team to bring concepts and creative ideas to life, including announcements, events and special activities in a well-produced, high-quality and efficient manner;
- Edit creative marketing and narrative video content, seeing projects through the entire post-production process;
- Adhere to project timelines and have accountability for timelines assigned.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-5 hours a week.
Duration of Term: 2 years
The Video Editor will require expert knowledge in the following areas:
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Proven experience using video editing software
- Motivation to produce a polished, high-quality products
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequalled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- Special opportunities to contribute to SGAC’s briefings to the United Nations and other industry, agency, and academic organisations in the international space sector
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead large teams and head important projects
- Interaction with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Access to relevant space policy materials, documents, magazines, etc.
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by October 15 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
1) Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
2) Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
3) List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role in addition to a minimum of two links to previous work
|Application Open||5th September 2019|
|Application Close||15th October 2019 – Deadline Extended|
|Review of Applications||15th October– 20th October 2019|
|Interview of selected applicants||20th -30th October 2019|
|Announcement of Results||1st November 2019|