While the mandate of SGAC is to focus on students and young professionals aged 18-35, a big part of the SGAC network constitutes those who have either aged out or who have lost contact with the organization.
Deadline: 25 July, 2020
The SGAC Alumni Programme was launched at the Space Generation Forum 2.0 in 2018 (after a series of successful alumni activities from 2015-2018) to help reconnect with SGAC Alumni, and use the potential of the SGAC alumni network in support of other SGAC activities.
SGAC is looking for an active and motivated volunteer to manage and grow the SGAC Alumni Programme.
SGAC Alumni are:
- SGAC members (with a registered account on our website) who have not interacted with SGAC in the past three years.
- Those who care about the SGAC mission and vision, but are over the age limit of SGAC (past their 36th birthday).
- Oversee and lead focused alumni initiatives in line with the SGAC alumni engagement and development strategy.
- Develop and maintain the Alumni Database ensuring that it is updated at all times.
- Develop and lead the planning of all SGAC alumni events in person and online (Silent Auction, Alumni Gathering, SGAC Through the Generation), working closely with the SGAC Events Coordination Team.
- Ensure regular communications with the SGAC Alumni, sharing updates about the organisation and its achievements as well as relevant opportunities for engagement with the SGAC Network (i.e. Mentoring Programme, engagement at SGAC events, support to the SGAC Project Groups, communication campaign, etc.).
- Manage the SGAC Alumni Mailing List on MailChimp.
- Moderate and engage with the SGAC Alumni through the Alumni Facebook Group.
- Work with the HR Team to ensure a smooth transition from SGAC member to SGAC alumna/us.
- Work with the SGAC Awards Lead to support the SGAC Alumni Award process.
- Work with the SGAC Global Event Managers to incorporate Alumni Spotlights into their respective event programme.
- Work closely with the SGAC Treasurer to establish annual strategies to ensure the growth of the SGAC Alumni Fund.
This is a volunteer position. The position has a two-year term.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 3 to 5 hours a week.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website, citizenship of a United Nations Member State and below 33 years of age at the start of the term.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Ability to engage and motivate people.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Experience with managing and leading teams, along with the ability to take initiative and motivate volunteers to contribute to the team.
- Proficiency and experience in Event Management.
- Knowledge of SGAC History and established relationships with the SGAC alumni is a plus
- Knowledge of MailChimp is a plus.
- Working fluency (oral and written) in English.
- Responsive and quick email turnaround time.
Other benefits include:
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector leaders.
- Leadership opportunity and chance to work with an international team.
- A chance to shape SGAC’s short and medium term strategic plans.
- A chance to support the next generation of space sector leaders and develop tomorrow’s space sector workforce.
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25 July 2020 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
|Applications Open||6 July 2020|
|Applications Close||25 July 2020|
|Review of Applications||26 July – 4 August 2020|
|Online Interviews||5 – 14 August 2020|
|Announcement of Outcome||15 August 2020|