While the mandate of SGAC is to focus on students and young professionals aged 18-35, a big part of the SGAC network constitutes those who have either aged out or who have lost contact with the organization.
Deadline for applications:
25 July 2021 Extended 25 August 2021
The SGAC Alumni Programme was launched at the Space Generation Forum 2.0 in 2018 (after a series of successful alumni activities from 2015-2018) to help reconnect with SGAC Alumni, and use the potential of the SGAC alumni network in support of other SGAC activities.
SGAC is looking for active and motivated volunteers to manage and grow the SGAC Alumni Programme alongside the Alumni Lead.
SGAC Alumni are:
- SGAC members (with a registered account on our website) who have not interacted with SGAC in the past three years.
- Those who care about the SGAC mission and vision, but are over the age limit of SGAC (past their 36th birthday).
We are looking for a number of team members who can take on certain responsibilities listed below, please state in your application which responsibilities you feel most comfortable leading.
- Work alongside the Alumni Lead
- Develop and lead the planning of all SGAC alumni events in person and online (Silent Auction, Alumni Gathering, SGAC Through the Generation), working closely with the SGAC Events Coordination Team.
- Ensure regular communications with the SGAC Alumni, sharing updates about the organisation and its achievements as well as relevant opportunities for engagement with the SGAC Network (i.e. Mentoring Programme, engagement at SGAC events, support to the SGAC Project Groups, communication campaign, etc.).
- Manage the SGAC Alumni Mailing List on MailChimp.
- Moderate and engage with the SGAC Alumni through the Alumni Facebook Group.
- Work with the HR Team to ensure a smooth transition from SGAC member to SGAC alumna/us.
- Work with the SGAC Awards Lead to support the SGAC Alumni Award process.
- Work with the SGAC Global Event Managers to incorporate Alumni Spotlights into their respective event programme.
- Work closely with the SGAC Treasurer to establish annual strategies to ensure the growth of the SGAC Alumni Fund.
This is a volunteer position. The position has a two-year term.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 3 to 5 hours a week.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website, citizenship of a United Nations Member State and below 33 years of age at the start of the term.
- Knowledge of SGAC History and established relationships with the SGAC alumni is a plus
- Knowledge of MailChimp is a plus for persons interested in communications.
- Working fluency (oral and written) in English.
- Responsive and quick email turnaround time.
Other benefits include:
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector leaders.
- Leadership opportunity and chance to work with an international team.
- A chance to shape SGAC’s short and medium-term strategic plans.
- A chance to support the next generation of space sector leaders and develop tomorrow’s space sector workforce.
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25 August 2021 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of relevant experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
|Applications Open:||1 July 2021|
|Applications Close:||25 August 2021|
|Review of Applications:||26 August – 5 September 2021|
|Online Interviews:||6 – 20 September 2021|
|Announcement of Outcome:||21 September 2021|