SGAC is recruiting up to two Web&Data Team Leads
As the number of team positions, events, and activities of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) expands, the organisation is seeking two ambitious and highly motivated volunteers to join the Web&Data Team!
The Web&Data Team Leads will coordinate the Web&Data Team, from developing and maintaining SGAC’s web capabilities to help capture, analyse and protect SGAC data across all SGAC teams and activities, supporting a better understanding of SGAC needs and a better decision making.
It is an exciting position that offers many rewarding experiences in leading an eager and enthusiastic multinational team to address core challenges facing SGAC’s web infrastructure and data management.
The Web&Data Team Leads will directly report to and work with the SGAC Operations Manager. Coordinated by the Operations Manager, the Web&Data Leads will have the possibility to shape SGAC, cooperating with the Scholarships Team Leads, the Reports Team Leads, and the PR&Comms Team Leads, to establish best practices and strategies to help the organization grow more and more professionally.
Deadline for applications: 25 December 2019
- Lead, direct, and guide the activities of the Web&Data Team, monitoring and coordinating the response to emails and requests regarding Web&Data issues in a timely manner, assigning tasks to team members and following up on requests
- Assist in the development of new capabilities on our website
- Help liaise with all the team members across SGAC to support their events, projects or goals through our website and web applications
- Work closely and communicate with all relevant SGAC teams and members in regards to data capture, analysis, maintenance and protection to support the data flow and storage throughout the entire SGAC organisation
- Be the focal point to the SGAC Server Host on the management of the website server
- Identify areas of improvement throughout the SGAC Web Infrastructure
- Support the SGAC performance evaluation (such as KPI) to support understanding and decision making with SGAC
- Ensure industry standard in data security and protection is maintained throughout the organisation, including training for SGAC Team Members on data security, establish standards in account and data security
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that SGAC maintains compliance with relevant data protection and privacy policies and legislations
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to ensure that Web&Data Team activities are properly reported to the SGAC Executive Committee.
- Support the work of the Operations Manager in establishing fact-based common strategies, practices and procedures across all the SGAC activities and teams.
Estimated time commitment: ~10 hours a week on average. Large work commitments will center around large SGAC events (e.g., conferences, Space Generation Congress, and the annual website update). The ability to effectively coordinate the team to respond to issues around-the-clock is highly preferred. You will be able to arrange with your co-lead for downtime from the role during exams, vacations or time for other personal needs.
These are voluntary roles with an initial term of 2 years, renewable for an additional two years.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and 33 years of age or less at the moment of the application
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience
- Strong Management capabilities
- Professional fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English
- High degree of self-organisation
- Cross Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with data management and databases
- Experience with web CMS (Content Management Systems) specially WordPress, web applications (e.g. Google Apps) is a must, other programming exposure is a plus. You will receive additional relevant training from our current Web&Data Team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
As part of the Data Web&Data Team, you will have the opportunity to network with space industry professionals, academics, and organisations. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance his/her leadership, business development and management skills, and grow his/her skill sets to work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Shaping and the strategies, practices and procedures of an international organization
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
These are voluntary roles and have no monetary compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 December 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
|Application Open||03 December 2019|
|Application Close||31 December 2019|
|Review of Applications||01 – 15 January 2020|
|Interview of selected applicants||15 – 25 January 2020|
|Announcement of Results||25 January 2020|