1 February 2019
The Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) has grown tremendously in the past few years, from increased international events to new project groups. This growth is supported by intensive work for the Strategic Partnerships Team (SPT), which is currently looking for new coordinator. Be a part of shaping the future of our organization, while growing your space network and working on your leadership skills!
Deadline for applications: 25 February 2019
- Lead the activities of the Strategic Partnerships Team, and manage team members
- Coordinate and supervise SGAC fundraising and partnership activities, providing the overview of potential opportunities to the SGAC Chairs and Executive Director
- Maintain an account of all SGAC partners through Salesforce, and make sure up to date information with this regard is available on the website and to events
- Work closely with the Executive Office to take the lead in developing and maintaining the overall SGAC fundraising and partnerships strategy
- Ensure the organisation’s funds are stable and sustainable by maintaining existing and developing new partnerships
- Attend the monthly Executive Council Meetings, organize Strategic Partnership Team meetings, and any other meetings as required
The SPT Coordinator will work closely with the co-Coordinator of the team, Harriet Brettle, under the direct supervision of the SGAC Executive Director and Chairs. S/he will be an appointed member of the SGAC Executive Council, in accordance with the SGAC bylaws. This is a volunteer position.
Estimated time commitment: 10 hours per week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to emails
- The candidate shall have a good understanding of SGAC and Strategic Partnership Team’s processes
- Experience with project management and task scheduling
- Awareness of international cultural cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Be a team player and ability to work in a international team setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Experience with fundraising for non-profit organisations is desirable
- Understanding of the global space sector landscape is preferred but not necessary
- Familiarity with SalesForce is strongly preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to declare any conflicts of interest should a situation arise
As the SPT coordinator, you will have the opportunity to network with space industry professionals, academics, and organisations. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance his/her leadership, business development and management skills, and grow their skill sets to work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC scholarships and awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 February 2019 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|| 1 February 2019
|| 25 February
|Review of application
|| 25 February – 4 March 2019
|Invitation of interview
|| 4-15 March 2019
| Announcement of outcome
|| 25 March 2019