The Space Generation Advocacy and Policy Platform (SGAPP) is seeking 1 motivated volunteer to join its Policy and Advocacy Team (PAT) as Communication Officer.
SGAPP is the segment of SGAC specifically dedicated to the centralisation and coordination of policy and advocacy activities from the young generations.
To this end, the Platform will be responsible for:
a) the development, implementation and advocacy of united space policy positions on behalf of the young generations;
b) the coordination, consolidation & dissemination of policy inputs within SGAC.
Deadline for applications: September 3rd, 2022, at 23:59 CEST
The SGAPP will help develop policy contributions on behalf of the young generations that can have a significant impact within the broader space community. Within SGAC, it will act as a centralised platform connecting the policy interests and activities of NPoCs, PGs and Events. By supporting the core activities of the Platform, you will have the opportunity to network with renown professionals and organisations from the space community, as well as with your SGAC peers. As a member of the PAT, you will also have the opportunity to enhance your management, leadership, and organisational skills.
Benefits of these positions include:
- Directly contribute to the development of SGAC’s policies for the future of space
- Meet and interact with international space leaders and young professionals
- Bring your leadership and networking skills to the next level
- Enhance your ability to shape the strategies, practices, and procedures of global and complex organisations
- Contribute to the growth and success of the SGAPP
All the positions described below are voluntary and have no monetary compensation. Appointments will all be for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal for another term.
The Communication Officer will support the communications aspects of SGAPP. This is an unpaid, virtual position working directly with the SGAPP Coordinators and the SGAPP Rapporteurs.
The core responsibilities of SGAPP’s Communication Officer include the following core tasks:
- Preparation of SGAPP communications
- Management of SGAPP social media, including the development of a social media strategy
- Interacting with SGAPP policy and regional division to monitor and manage external and internal communications
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and further tasks may be added during the term at the discretion of the SGAPP Coordinators.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and 33 years of age or less at the moment of the application
- Familiarity with SGAC’s mission, objectives and structure
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Experience in managing communications and/or social media for international groups
- Business/professional fluency in English
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to emails is vital
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
Estimated time commitment: this is a two-years position, with the possibility of renewal. This position foresees a minimum of 3-5 volunteer hours of SGAC work per week.
Location: As with all SGAC positions, meetings and work will be completed virtually. Communication skills and ability to respond in a timely manner are vital.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please complete our Vacancy Application Form uploading the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- A statement describing up to three past relevant experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
Only complete applications will be considered. For any questions, please feel free to contact the SGAPP Coordinators (Antonino Salmeri & Giuliana Rotola) at the following email address: [email protected]
|Applications start:||August 1st, 2022|
|Applications deadline:||September 3rd, 2022|
|Review of applications:||Early September 2022|
|Interviews of selected applicants:||Mid September 2022|
|Announcement of Results:||End of September 2022|