The Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) is beginning preparations for the 2023 Students and Young Professionals Activities at the SpaceOps Conference to be held in Dubai on March 6-10. The organization is seeking a professionally qualified young space leader to join the SGAC as the Space Ops 2023 Deputy Manager. The selected person will act SpaceOps Deputy Manager for the preparation of the 2023 conference, working closely with the current SpaceOps Manager, and will take up the role for the 2025 conference.
Deadline for applications: 25 August 2022
SpaceOps Deputy Manager Responsibilities
The SpaceOps Deputy Manager will work together with the current Manager for one year in preparation of the logistics and overall management of the SpaceOps SYP activities in 2023. Activities include:
- Attend the SpaceOps Meetings with other industries representatives
- Attend and lead the SYP meetings together with the colleague from SANSA, NASA and JPL
- Organize the SYP activities with the support of the committee and local organizer
Space Ops Conferences are scheduled every two years. The SpaceOps Manager remains appointed representative in the SpaceOps Committee indefinitely, until they decide to leave the place voluntarily or at the age of 35. It is a place of high importance, as they will represent the main point of contact for all Students and Young Professionals’ activities, and they will interface with all the industries and agencies representatives, present on the Committee.
Time commitment: Approximately 1 hour every three weeks on average (increase closer to the event) + 1 week of the SpaceOps Conference in Dubai.
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and between 18 and 35 years old (inclusive) by the end of Space Ops 2025. The age limit is calculated from the 18th birthday to the 36th birthday of the applicant.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Experience/familiarity with space operations
- Teamwork capacity and proven leadership skills
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Cross Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international, cultural, and professional/academic backgrounds
- Previous event management experience is highly desirable
- Experience with SGAC events is highly desirable
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organization that empowers its student and young professional members to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry. As SpaceOps Deputy Manager, you will have direct contact with many top industry leaders, today’s next generation of space industry leaders, and opportunities to expand and learn a valuable set of skills in leadership, team management, communications, and event planning.
How to Apply
To apply, please use the link below to submit the following items:
- Resume (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability and motivation for the role (limit 1 page)
- Examples of 3 past experiences relevant to the position and how they have prepared you for this role
Applications must be submitted HERE.
Only complete applications will be considered.
In case you have questions about the vacancy and role, please contact Chiara Cocchiara, SpaceOps SYP Activities 2023 Manager, at [email protected]
Timeline for applications
|Applications Open:||1 August, 2022|
|Applications close:||25 August, 2022 23:59 GMT|
|Announcement of Successful Applicant:||October 2022|